Second Skin Audio

Cant make up my mind need help

i know i just posted a similar topic but came across another option.  Thinking 2 15" BL's in team toxic bass box, 1 18" BTL in team toxic bass box, or 2 18" BL's in a standard ported wall.  Cant decide because i have no personal experience with the subs and just tryin to figure out whats gonna move the most air.  Also i know there are alot of variables but does any one have rough numbers of the increase in db's and air movement from a team toxic bass box vs. a standard ported box

Standard ported box meanin what... Prefabricated? you really don't need any numbers to know that a box made precisely to specs is gonna be WAY better than a "standard" bestbuy shelf display q logic one. but its really not very hard to make ur own design plus its fun and gives you a good feeling when you hear it knowing you made it happen :D

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

no when i said standard ported box i mean a box built to subs specs with a standard slot port.  When i said team toxic bass box i was refering to something like a rear horn or t line box.  if i go the ttb route i will just be purchasing plans.  i wish i had the funding right now to just have them build so i dont have to mess with it it but sadly i dont.   im so sick of boxes right now, ive been doing it on the side for friends and stuff to make some money and the last couple months ive been doin atleast 2 boxes a week. :angry03:

:ohmy: well I suppose since ur goin with a wall, i know pete's hittin a 154 with a twin horn 2 15's with around the same power u'd be giving the bl's of course its a 1 note wonder though. heres some vids if u havent seen them

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/featured/p...pete/index.html

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

was running the about the same power until he added another colusses and upgradded to the soundstream XXX's, now that video is crazy.  but ya thats what im trying to figure out.  i mean ya if i tune it high for pure spl i could get it to hit 150's  but im just trying to figure out what set up is gonna get me as close as i can to 150 off reg music.  idk if its possible with only 3000 watts rms but i figured that i might have a chance since its all going in a camaro and there is a very small amount of airspace left after the wall is in.

yeah but if my goal was 150 and already spending 500 bucks on subs id either throw another couple hundred down and upgrade 2 sum btl's or jump on those MT's from redbaron in the forsale section for 600

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

ya well if thats what it comes down to ta hit 150 off music then thats what ill have to do but i was just trying to accomplish it off 3000rms. I was kinda thinkin of 2 15" Btl's and runnin em off the amp i have now until i get the cash for a new one but i wanted to wait and see what i heard about the other set ups before i change my mind again

wall it with teh 2 18's , with your power tuned in the low 40's you should get pretty loud, I had 2 15's in a wall with 3kw tuned @ 32 hz and it did a 148 on music.

what 15's were you runnin

wall it with teh 2 18's , with your power tuned in the low 40's you should get pretty loud, I had 2 15's in a wall with 3kw tuned @ 32 hz and it did a 148 on music.

would tunnin it in the low 40's be good for daily listenin?  my last setup that i just got rid of was 8 12's and that was tunned to 43hz and it sucked on most of my rap.