Fusing Needs...

I currently have two 200 amp fuses (one at each end of my 1/0 power line between my front and rear batteries), for my current Crunch amps.

If the new AQ2200D requires 200 amps external fuse and the 4 channel has 60 amps of fusing, would an upgrade to two 300 amp fuses be ok? (one at each end of the 1/0)

Not sure if it matters, but I will run one Kinetik 1400 and two 600's.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

That should be fine.

That comes to 260 amps and I like to have alittle leeway up at the battery. 300 at the battery.

at the amps you need those values as close as possible if the 2000 watt amp requires a 200 amp fuse then you NEED to fuse it with a 200 amp ANL fuse as close to the amp as possible (within 12 inches).

Your stereo amp, does it have built in fusing? If so it doesn't need to be fused externally. So you should beable to run straight from your distribution block to it.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Sorry,

Any how as long as you follow the rules above I posted.

I don't see any problems running a 300 amp on each end of your main power wire going from the front to rear batteries.

But do you really need 2 fuses on one piece of wire between the front and back batteries? I probly wouldn't but thats me.

Edit:

I take that back, I would probbly put 2 fuses inline depending on how long the run was.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived