Megalo's Maniac Stealth Sq Build

from what i remember running actives allowing all frequency's play through the sub (please correct me if i'm wrong) but i've never heard that before in person and was wondering how it sounds with the higher hz going threw the sub (hope this makes sense)

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

from what i remember running actives allowing all frequency's play through the sub (please correct me if i'm wrong) but i've never heard that before in person and was wondering how it sounds with the higher hz going threw the sub (hope this makes sense)

no, it means I am not using passive crossovers(the little box that goes inline with your speakerwire to your comps) after the amp, all signals are crossed before the speaker outputs of the amp. For instance if you use the xover on your amp, its considered going active. However in my case I have them crossed before it leaves my deck, still considered active.

Team Stereo Clarity

active means that the sound is crossed over without the use of a passive crossover (those ones that come with a normal set of components)

you're thinking of through pass/no filter

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

thanks for clearing that up

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

where's the horns? did u give up on them?

I couldnt get my stage to lift past my dash line, also required too much tuning time to get them to sound "okay" for starters even then I tonally wasnt happy the way they sounded. I played with some B&G neo3 planars and I really loved the way they sounded but they have to be onaxis to sound good, and I was losing way too much depth using them, unless I used them in the kick but the trade off of that is a lower stage. I had to make sacrifice one way or the other if I didnt want to do heavy modifications.

Team Stereo Clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Archived