Sundown Audio

Another Stupid Gain Setting Question

HUMBOLDT_knock

So I realize I need an O-scope after searching all the threads however, Is the DMM reading a decent way to set gains?

I have a bass mech. 50Hz test tone, volume set at 3/4.

I am assuming I should have the vehicle idling, to get proper voltage to my amp?

Should I have my subwoofer control set at 0 when I take the readings.

I have a Audio Control Line driver, where should my gain be set on the amp? I figured it would need to be at a low setting then bring the AC volts up with the line driver is this correct?

So I realize I need an O-scope after searching all the threads however, Is the DMM reading a decent way to set gains?

I have a bass mech. 50Hz test tone, volume set at 3/4.

I am assuming I should have the vehicle idling, to get proper voltage to my amp?

Should I have my subwoofer control set at 0 when I take the readings.

I have a Audio Control Line driver, where should my gain be set on the amp? I figured it would need to be at a low setting then bring the AC volts up with the line driver is this correct?

Nobody cares to help?

Start with the amp gain low, and the Audio Control line driver level in the factory position. If I'm not mistaken that's the way most Audiocontrol equipment should be setup.

As for your gains, remember you are trying to use the maximum real world conditions when you set your gains. If you normally listen with the subwoofer control set at 0 and never plan to turn that up then yes set it on 0.

The loudest the sub is allowed to play should be the settings used for setting the gain.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived