Sonic Electronix

alrite ive got a set of the image dynamics idq 31 eq's and if anyone has ever dealt with these they prolly know how to help me. the back of them has all liek XLR input and output jacks, except for 1 rca input and 1 rca output. the way i have had them hooked up for the past year (and yes i kno this is horibly wrong and totally killed my stereo imaging) is had the front l+r into a y cable and in to the eq then out and split it back into a l+r rca. and same with the back. It bugged the hell outta me and i do not want to run it like this so i was wondering if anyone can give me any input on all of the other jacks on the back or if anyone has any of the plugs or anything. otherwise after my rebuild i will prolly just disconnect these and leave them in for cosmetics lol but its a shame to not use these..

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

bump

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

If I'm not mistaken those are mono EQ's.

There is only one RCA input jack on the back because you use one 31 band EQ on the left and a second 31 band EQ on the right or you use one channel per EQ.

I could be wrong as I have not owened a set but I used to want a set really really bad and those things are probbly as old as you are LOL. Well mid 90's.

The guys at Image Dynamics will tell you everything you need to know.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

^^^ Exact, they are Mono

The XLR is the Balanced line in, and balanced line out, its for professional use, but if you find the wiring schematic, you can use that XLR, make a RCA to XLR adapter coming in from say a Zapco Balanced driver, out to a balanced in amp and get your best sound

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.