Second Skin Audio

Box size, Port and sub location...

F N LO

hey guys..

alright, after building a box for my 2 tens, and alot of help from youi guys, my tens are a shyt load louder, and in turn my buddy wants me to build him a box... as of now he is driving a oldsmobile eighty eighty, but he will be starting to drive his civic hatch back when the summer comes, should i just build a box for the olds and a diff. for his civ....

k so for the olds how big of box and what kinda port dimensions are you thinking, also for a car like the whats the best way for the ports/ subs to face....

thanx guys, appreciate all the help!!

i would face the ports towards the rear of the car.  as for the box i personally would do 2 seperate boxes.  i usually like to span my boxes the full width across the trunk. it keeps em from movin around as much, usually gives you more cargo space and i think they look better that some square just sittin in the middle.  if you could make one box that fits in both trunks and is the proper air space then go for it less work. i personally would go the other route though just cause i think it looks cleaner.  what kinda subs?

oh and you could face the subs either up or back.  if you wanna face em forward and get em to perform well you need to completly seal the truck off at the baffle of the box so that no air and noise can travel into the truck, obviously if you go this route you will have to build 2 seperate boxes

the subs are just peonix gold 12'' octane r-s... nothing special but they are in a sealed enclosure right now, and he herd my tens and realizes how much louder porting is...

my self have always done a box for each sub individual until i did my most recent box and it seems to be louder then my previous boxes...

i think i am going to do subs up port back...with 4.5^3 of the pair, and tuned to 32 hz... does that sound about right??

and the box will hopefully be compatable with his next car, but if its not, more play time and test time for me :D haha

thanx for the input guys!!, ill let youknow how it works out, and what do you guys think of those box specs??

the subs are just peonix gold 12'' octane r-s... nothing special but they are in a sealed enclosure right now, and he herd my tens and realizes how much louder porting is...

my self have always done a box for each sub individual until i did my most recent box and it seems to be louder then my previous boxes...

i[glow=red,2,300] think i am going to do subs up port back...with 4.5^3 of the pair, and tuned to 32 hz... does that sound about right??[/glow]

and the box will hopefully be compatable with his next car, but if its not, more play time and test time for me :D haha

thanx for the input guys!!, ill let youknow how it works out, and what do you guys think of those box specs??

Don't know what SS recommends for air space for them but that sounds about right considering they're 12"s..32hz is very good

Archived