Ho Alt Installed, How To Turn Off Dash Battery/alt Light?

I have a 2001 Blazer and just installed a MechMan HO alt. I'm running the alt in 1-wire operation to take advantage of its onboard adjustable voltage regulator to dial in exactly how many volts I want my system to charge at. Because of this, the stock alternator wire harness is left disconnected tripping the dash "check alternator" light to come on.

What can I do to fool my truck into thinking the stock alternator is still plugged in? It's uses the S.F.L.P. connector, but only the F and L wires. Anyone ever tried to do this?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

open gauge cluster

remove check engine bulb

problem solved

i'd say try and find someone with a code reader and have them clear it for you

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I believe it's an actual separate circuit, required for supplying the stock alternator with a field current to turn the alternator on. As such, clearing a code will not resolve this problem, since it isn't actually solved as ChevyBoy said. ;)

Would grounding the 'L' pin simulate a connected load (alternator) and turn the light off, or could I risk shorting something?

I don't really feel like tearing my dash apart to snatch the bulb. :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Now I remember why I love/hate new cars.

0900c1528022abe0.gif

It's all digital after it gets to the PCM, which is pretty much immediately. Even if I close the lamp driver circuit, the PCM is smart enough to notice its not getting a field duty cycle signal on the 'F' connection, and trips the battery light.

I suppose it's either find a way to simulate the duty cycle signal on the 'F' wire or pull the bulb. I tried only connecting the 'L' wire, and while the car didn't take control of the alt's output voltage, the light didn't go out as expected since the PCM checks both parts of the circuit.

I really need an o-scope...

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Interesting on the MLA module, although I don't need the voltage adjustability feature, as it is built in to my MechMan alt from the factory.

I wonder if the boys at missinglink are playing with duty cycle signals to get the voltages where they want. I suppose it would just be a PWM controlling a value from 0-100% or some value in between...

Or I could be way off :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck