Electrical Issue

whats up. this weekend i added a 240A Ohio Gen alt to my 01 suburban. so now i have the stock 130 and the OG 240A. i also got a MLA modual and hooked that up. so i made sure that voltage was good and that the alts were working. i put in a cd and turned it up where i normally do , voltage was great, the song got to about 3 sec. in and both sub amps cut off. my amps are RF 800a2 and i have 2 4ohm DVC subs. so the amps are seeing 2 ohm loads bridged. i think, i am hoping that all i did was blow the fuses in the power distrobution block, but the amps are in an amp rack and i have to remove the subs and the top of the rack to get to the fused distrobution block. so i havent done that yet. the amps have 60A fuses on each of them. so i have a 200a fuse at the battery then a run of 1/0 to the rear into a 3 way fused distrobution block. that has 3 60a fuses one for each amp, the a short run of 4 ga to each amp. like i said the amp for my highs still works fine the other 2 amps, the power light doesnt even come on which is why i think its just the fuses. so why would they blow all of a sudden, they never did before. the amps call for a 60A fuse. the only thing new to the system is the 240a Alt and the MLA.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

check your remote wire, i had a similar problem as well and it turned out my remote was loose but go back and check all your ground wires as well.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you can always take a DMM to the amps power inputs and check and see if they are getting voltage.

yeah i gotta take it apart today and check the amps and the fuses. i was just thinking that what happened was because of the new alt and/or the MLA. i mean everything was good up utill then.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i checked. the fuses did blow in the fused distrobution block. do you think its because now the truck is running with higher voltage? they never blew before. also may have to do with the fact that the amp is rated at 4ohms bridged and i am running it 2 ohms bridged in combination with the vehicle running at a higher voltage? any other theories as to why they blew now and not before?

d(-__-)b

Archived