2002 Explorer Electrical Problems

ok guys i have a

2002 Ford Explorer 4.0L 6 cyl

my voltage drops very easily!!

when i roll up and down windows my lights dim..... this happpens all teh time and on the meter it shows dropping to below 12 volts

anyone know what would cause this??

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg

ok guys i have a

2002 Ford Explorer 4.0L 6 cyl

my voltage drops very easily!!

when i roll up and down windows my lights dim..... this happpens all teh time and on the meter it shows dropping to below 12 volts

anyone know what would cause this??

how much is it diming...if its only a lil bit then its normal. its just signs of a load on the vehicle... but if its alot then you have another problem...

yeah big 3 should help and whats your electrical like

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

your back batts should charge when the cars running unless you've not got them hooked up to the front batt/alt

and yeah replace the stock batt with the 1400 and put the 2000 in the back

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Fusing the big 3 isn't necessary unless it makes you feel safer. :)

I'm guessing your batteries are probably fairly well drained too. If you run your subwoofers every time you drive somewhere you don't get much of a chance for your batteries to charge up.

When I had a stock alternator I would throw a 40A battery charger on my truck every week or so to top the batteries up. Your stock lead acid battery doesn't like sitting uncharged for very long either. More than likely it's in a pretty sad state and everything's running off that 1400 in the back.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck