If you get a DEI product... I'm not so sure about the other brands.. but the best thing to do would be to hook up the normal siren to the siren output of the alarm... than hook up the train horns to the HORN output of the alarm.. normally by default im pretty sure the HORN output only goes off on FULL ALARM... so it wont go off for arm.. and disarm.. and i can remeber if it goes off on WARN away or not. i know some of this is programmable as well.. I've done this on a couple cars.. and it will definately scare the shit out of somebody trying to jack your shit.

ohh yeah forgot to mention.. another good idea is to hook up teh horns to an AUX output on ur alarm.. it is hilarious.. we install trainhorns at my work usually at least a couple a month.. and scaring the shit out of ppl never gets boring.. and being able to sit back at a bar or sumthin and have ur car parked in front of a sidewalk.. and when sumone walks by hit the button on your remote... is priceless.. what i woudl recommend as far as hooking it up to the regular horn button is to put a switch in between it so that if u do get pulled over.. u flip the switch.. push ur horn button.. and its still factory..

and if u do u do hook it up to AUX and horn output rememmeber those are NEGATIVE outputs on the alarm.. so you'll need to build a polarity change relay to make them positive before they get to the horn solenoids.

one last thing.. the horns are LOUD regardless.. but they are directional.. if u have them facing a certain direction their MUCH louder..

If you get a DEI product... I'm not so sure about the other brands.. but the best thing to do would be to hook up the normal siren to the siren output of the alarm... than hook up the train horns to the HORN output of the alarm.. normally by default im pretty sure the HORN output only goes off on FULL ALARM... so it wont go off for arm.. and disarm.. and i can remeber if it goes off on WARN away or not. i know some of this is programmable as well.. I've done this on a couple cars.. and it will definately scare the shit out of somebody trying to jack your shit.

You are correct, the HORN output does not trigger with warn away. However, most are quite flexible with their programing giving you a few options.

Actually right here in my thread I have a video showing just how it works in what this thread is discussing.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=46289

Also shows how to use other aux. outputs from your alarm.

I added a small air horn setup to the truck,

It is wired as so.

Alarm output

HORN (-) - Factory horn relay/Air horn relay

CHANNEL 4 (-) - Factory horn relay/Air horn relay (programmed 3 second pulse)

So both outputs from the alarm share the horns, when full alarm is triggered the siren, factory horn, and air horns sound.

During arm, disarm, and warn away, only the siren chirps.

By activating channel 4 on the remote, the factory horn and air horns will sound for a 3 second duration.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner