Second Skin Audio

Quick Wiring ?

I was just wondering what is the best way to run speaker wire through MDF...drill a hole the same size as the wire and run it in, or use bolts to go through?

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

the best way that i was told is to drill the whole the same size as the wire and run it through and add some caulking or something to seal it.

that's what I thought...thnx :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

tsunami and stinger make 2 or 4 strand speaker lines encassed in a round jacket, a bit easier to use in an airtight situation than the conventional side by side wires

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I'm gonna be running the 8ga karma wire :)

actually, it may be better to use bolts for that wire, that shit is HUGE...lol

Edited by DHFHades

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

It a good idea to put a loose knot in the wire on the inside of the box at the hole and then silicone the hell out of it.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I think I'm gonna run bolts and wing nuts, that shit is as fat as a garden hose...lol

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

I'm gonna be running the 8ga karma wire :)

actually, it may be better to use bolts for that wire, that shit is HUGE...lol

If your gonna run enough power that you need 8 guage speaker wire I very much recommend trying to get the wire from the amp to the sub in one piece.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Everything you put in line with something helps build up restince(can't spell).

I also feel its safer.

Terryswork001.png