Any updates? and more pics of the kicks

I haven't taken any new pics yet, but I have made some progress. I'm going to try to get to Joanns this weekend and pick up some trunk carpet/fabric so I can cover the mounts I made for the buss bars and start figuring out how to finish the trunk.

I need to put some rage extreme on the kicks and start final sanding them down so I can paint them. I'll get some more pics, I've been slacking.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went to Joanns Fabrics, they don't carry the trunk stuff anymore. Looks like I'm ordering from Parts Express. Anyway, I have a small update, I finished the mounts for my buss bars, I just need to cover them with the trunk carpet then mount them in the trunk. Here they are mocked up.

dsc01215.jpg

dsc01216.jpg

97 Maxima SE

nice buss bars. how much they cost?

I got them from McMaster Carr. I bought 2 pieces and cut them to size. One 36" x 1.5" x 3/8" piece was $50 bucks and I cut it in half, that is what you see in the latest pics. I also got one 12" piece of the same size bar and cut it in half and have that on the front battery. That one was like 19 bucks. They went up in price a little, I think the longer one is 60 bucks now. Here are the links:

Multipurpose Copper (Alloy 110) 3/8" Thick, 1-1/2" Width, 3' Length

Multipurpose Copper (Alloy 110) 3/8" Thick, 1-1/2" Width, 1' Length

97 Maxima SE

• 6 months later...

Mannnnnn...I wanna see this thing finished!!

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Mannnnnn...I wanna see this thing finished!!

You and me both!

I've just been very busy. I work for a failed bank which was taken over by the FDIC and then sold to TD Bank so I've been busy looking for another job before 10/15/2010 (my last day). I got one nailed down, just going through negotiations now. So with that weight off my sholders, literally within the last 2 weeks I started on the buss bars again. I got the mounts all wrapped up and they are now mounted in the trunk. I have to solder the lugs on 4 more cables and the rear batteries will be wired to the buss bars. Then I'll charge the whole bank and then connect the cables from the front. I haven't taken any pics yet, but I will and get them posted. I'll try to do that this weekend. After that I'm not sure if I'll install the box or run the signal and speaker cables.

97 Maxima SE

Ok, finally an update! I mounted the buss bars in the trunk. They are mounted just under the trunk latch between the tail lights. I made up some cables and connected all the rear batteries together to the buss bars. I haven't hooked up the cables from the front yet, I'm going to charge the rear bank overnight then hook them up to the charging system.

This is all you can see of the cables coming up from under the trunk carpet.

DSC01219.jpg

This is without the trunk carpet, you can see a little more of the cables.

DSC01222.jpg

This is the cover I had made for the spare tirewell, I just covered it with the same carpet I used on the buss bar mounts.

DSC01221.jpg

Another angle.

DSC01220.jpg

Now, without the spare tire cover.

DSC01225.jpg

Here's a good view of the cables and buss bars.

DSC01224.jpg

I need to find the cleanest way of routing the cables, then zip tie them all up nice and neat.

DSC01223.jpg

Thanks for watching.

97 Maxima SE

hell yezzzzz lovin the knuconceptz wire :))

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Archived