half the fun of making this stuff is learning how to...and if you need to remake rings, no biggie ;)

i need to get myself a router/jasper...can only do so much with a black and decker on sale jigsaw, string, and a pencil, lol

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

looking good

QUIT FUCKING QUOTING A BUNCH OF PICTURES THEN GIVING 1 LINERS...next time im taking your posting priveledges away for 3 days. getting fuckin annoying...

-Chode

Clifbanner.jpg

midwestspl

2008 basic 2 144.6

2008 xtreme 3 126.3

2009 adv 3 156.2 3rd place

2009 xtreme 3 138.0 champ

2009 incriminator point cup champion

Damn dude this is gonna be sweet, idk if you were planning on doing this or putting the back seat back in, but you should vinyl a piece of birch and put it on the front of the box to make it look sweet. You dont have to obviously lol but i thought it would set it off pretty nicely

I really don't know how I'm going to dress up the front. I want to do something to it, just not sure what yet.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

for dressing up the front:

option A: put the seat seat back in, fold down for bangage

option B: someone on here had a pic before, but cut a big ass square out of the seat, put the bottom on, and basically a "trim" of the back to cover all the metal and frame the subs

option C: show off your amps on the bottom of the seat, glass the top with screens and speakers and such, may be cool cuz of your rear deck depth issues

option D: use the stock bottom, use spray foam around the subs to mold them in and smooth out the metal, wrap in something that matches the car (glass over it for support, sprayfoam crushes pretty easy if someone lays on it or bumps into it)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

for dressing up the front:

option A: put the seat seat back in, fold down for bangage

option B: someone on here had a pic before, but cut a big ass square out of the seat, put the bottom on, and basically a "trim" of the back to cover all the metal and frame the subs

option C: show off your amps on the bottom of the seat, glass the top with screens and speakers and such, may be cool cuz of your rear deck depth issues

option D: use the stock bottom, use spray foam around the subs to mold them in and smooth out the metal, wrap in something that matches the car (glass over it for support, sprayfoam crushes pretty easy if someone lays on it or bumps into it)

I'm sure it will be a compromise of Option A with some spray foam and covering behind the seat back. The spray foam will pretty much seal off what the Vexmat doesn't so the trunk is sealed, then I will cover it up so it doesn't look all hacked up. B, C and D sound fun to do, but really need to keep the seat functional, my 2 kids ride back there.

97 Maxima SE

Ok, very small update. Got the trim rings for the Mids installed into the kick forms and started glassing them on for support. The passenger kick I need to just aim it a little higher, so I'm pulling that one right now and will glass it on again today. Once I like the aim, I'll attach the tweeter rings to the mids rings and get ready to wrap them.

Posted Image

Also, ordered 4 Powermaster d925 batteries for the spare tire well. :)

97 Maxima SE

Well, spent the day aiming the tweeter and attaching it to the midrange ring. Then broke out the Ponte and started wrapping it little by little. I'll do some more on it tomorrow.

Posted Image

Today I ordered RCA's, speaker wire, power and ground cables from Knukoncepts to wire up my trunk. I also ordered some laminating brushes from Bodico for laying the mat on the kicks.

97 Maxima SE

Got some new toys...

Some D925s for the trunk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After putting them in the tire well, it looks like I can fit 2 more. If I still get voltage drop, I'll add them, if not I'll leave it like this. I just have to make some braces to hold them in place.

Posted Image

And some more stuff from Knukoncepts... Some 1/0 power, 4awg power and 12awg speaker wire.

Posted Image

RCA's...

Posted Image

Some more 12awg speaker wire and 8awg speaker wire.

Posted Image

97 Maxima SE

DAMN this thread is giving me goose bumps...

im hoping for you that you can crack the 147ish dB mark..i cant wait until i get another maxima...

EDIT: I just looked in my Knukonceptz box and i didnt have a t-shirt! :( o'well prolly wont have fit me any way...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Finally made some progress with the kicks today. I had wrapped them but didn't like how they turned out so I broke out the dremel and cut off the resin'd ponte and rewrapped them today and applied resin to both and had time to put a layer of mat on one of them...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also had a new toy show up today...

Posted Image

97 Maxima SE

Archived