clintcav Posted February 19, 2009 Report Posted February 19, 2009 I have six 15's re mt. I am about to build a ported clamshell and I am trying to tune the box around 25-30Hz. I talked to RE and they told me that these subs are not good for a ground pounder. He told me the best i could do is 3 cu.ft. per sub plus port and speaker displacement and tune to 36Hz. Can anybody tell me if this seems a little small and can I tune it lower? I am running 3 T30001BD amplifiers, one per pair and at .7 ohms. This is going in an expedition. 2001 EXPEDITION 6 RE MT 15" WITH TEAM PSI PARTS 4 ROCKFORD T30001BD 3 ROCKFORD T5002 6 DEKA GROUP 31 INTIMIDATOR BATTS 156 AT 42Hz at 12 volts (need more alternator) usac outlaw in the kick door open
Team Nemesis-DJ Posted February 19, 2009 Report Posted February 19, 2009 That sounds about right ....they will work pretty decent in a daily set up
USAMPFREAK Posted February 19, 2009 Report Posted February 19, 2009 With us marketing these as an SPL sub I can not recommend them for daily even if I use them as such. 1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!
bumpincruiser Posted February 19, 2009 Report Posted February 19, 2009 With us marketing these as an SPL sub I can not recommend them for daily even if I use them as such. isnt 1000 watts a piece a little low? i thought they liked 2000+ rms a piece.
clintcav Posted February 19, 2009 Author Report Posted February 19, 2009 at .7 ohms these amps do closer to 4000 watts rms thats almost 2000 each 2001 EXPEDITION 6 RE MT 15" WITH TEAM PSI PARTS 4 ROCKFORD T30001BD 3 ROCKFORD T5002 6 DEKA GROUP 31 INTIMIDATOR BATTS 156 AT 42Hz at 12 volts (need more alternator) usac outlaw in the kick door open
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.