Wanting to compete

Their is a local crank em up contest that I want to compete in because i have never been. But someone told me that they rig the mic. What does that mean? And I need to know what class I would be in. And is it worth my time if its true. Reason for the questions is because I just turned 18 and I only know a few things about competing.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

• 1 month later...

well justin... my name is justin also. I have been competing now for 2 years. This is my second year. My first year I just had 2 kicker 12's and a 760 watt amp. with that i hitting 137.7 db. I competed in street b.

it depends what how have in order to know what to compete in. I have a website that will kinda go into basics for you.

http://www.illusivedream.org

I now have 2 15" powerbass 15's. i am addicted to competeing.. and every year i want to upgrade more and more. You have to start somewhere and work up.

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Their is a local crank em up contest that I want to compete in because i have never been. But someone told me that they rig the mic. What does that mean? And I need to know what class I would be in. And is it worth my time if its true. Reason for the questions is because I just turned 18 and I only know a few things about competing.

Welcome to the world of competiting,

1st off don't worry about people 'rigging' mics and what not, we can worry about that when you get serious. Right now it's important to have fun and meet other competitiors along the way.

As far as the rules, it sounds like a local show only so it will most likely have "house rules" and classes. Best thing to do is go and ask the judge or whomever about what class your in. With a local show, you will have no idea about how the cars are metered and what type of mic system there is so don't base the sport as a whole off this show.

USACi and DB Drag both should have some shows in you area so look into going to one of them. Don't be afraid to ask some of the heavy hitters at these shows as most of them will help you out as much as you can.

Take some pics and keep some notes on how they host the show and post up about it on here.

Good luck

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

db drag is going to be the best... beginers trying to bass race is hard. i have trouble bass racing.. i keep busting.... i need to find a song that has pretty much the same level bass all the way through... if he does db drag all he will have to do is a 3 sec burp. and have a good ported box. i started on db drag and am working up to bass race.

Edited by XtremeSPL

one handicap factor is the efficiency of your system. for example, your score will equal the number you can hit of the termlab minus 10log(your system's MSRP).

I thought that was a Battle of the Bass thing? Are other shows doing the MSRP thing too? The idea could be ok but really, when a 300 dollar system that can't break a 130DB wins theres a problem.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

good point bill. are you going to be at any of the shows in sacramento this next month and months comming??

Of course, unless it's a 5 hour drive to a show, I'll go

i am waiting for some shows to come up to reno area.. but i am going to to unvail my integra in april. i just finally got everything working in it tonite. the subs dont hit as hard in there than they did in my focus. i have time to get everything working and such before the shows.

i am going to focus on sacramento area and maybe modesto.. also like yuba city and marysville chico.. but not drive too far.

hey bill, that box i have i cant stand it up in my integra.. but it fits laying down flat in my back hatch area.. it was designed as a wall i do believe. it was in that red tahoe from west coast finale with the chrome rimms etc. should i turn the port to the back of the car rather than in the front like it is now? or try to cut the box down and make it a wall like it was in the focus? what do you think?

the only way i can stand it up i think with the port horizonal off to either the driver side or passenger. i have no clue what it will do for anything. i know it will make my subs pound foward. i guess the only way is to try it, and go from there.. i rather have your expert opinion though :)

Edited by XtremeSPL