Second Skin Audio

Please Help, I Have A Problem.. It's Disgusting

i am also a fan of the low lows, i was tuned at 28hz before and i loved the way it sounded,so clean. but i wanted louder, so i tuned to 33hz and its so much louder and i can still hit the lows like no other. (4 15's have a tendency to do that lol)

haha ya... I love your pic, 4 walled 15's will easily get louder that low than I ever will, and then insane loud up higher

IB3 22"

From what I can understand of your post it sounds like you're looking for a design that sounds "good" on 99% of the music out there, but then completely destroys the lows as well.

I think you may be able to better tune your desired output with a 6th order bandpass box since you're looking for something fairly specific.

Just remember you have to make sacrifices somewhere. There is no such thing as a "perfect" enclosure, because it's all relative to your preferences. If you NEED to peak at 20-30Hz, you're gonna have to accept that most music will play at a lower level.

Couldn't have said it better myself, believe me I've been trying for years! I have considered 6th and 8th, taking away completely from the highs adding to the lows... maybe someday, for now I'm gonna stick ported though. I totally accept that I will lose out from 30Hz on up by getting the mad lows, I have been trying to explain to people for years that I am totally fine with that... but I am worried about excursion and bottoming out... cuz I can crank anything sub 30, but I have to be really careful and stay tense ready to drop the knob for 30-45Hz... and I don't want that. The whole point to me tuning so low is I love low, and I don't want to worry about 1 song out of nowhere being too low. I think raising up to 25Hz otta solve my problems, IF I will still be OK when something plays below that.

I love this:

" From what I can understand of your post it sounds like you're looking for a design that sounds "good" on 99% of the music out there, but then completely destroys the lows as well.

That says it all perfect!

IB3 22"

ever listen to paul wall internet goin nutz ?

it's hard to keep up with all the posts of what everyone says is low, I've been tryin to download all I can but it's hard to keep up, and, everyones opinions are different, everyones systems are so different... I almost wish I had an all inclusive list that is done with spectrum analyzers, BUT, sometimes I wonder about those, cuz some songs that seem lower than others dont match up with what the analyzer says.

IB3 22"

I can drop well below my tuning.....I'm in a 4 door blazer....I can play below 22hz full tilt without a subsonic....I'll make a video....but if I open my rear hatch where my port is loading of the tailgate they being to unload at about 25hz...but only then.....and how often am I going to be driving down the road with my tailgate and rear window open lol.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I guess I think of it from a scientific point of view. When you get below tuning immediately you unload. When you research it, you get the same info as plotting with software... you see excursion just JUMP way up and ouput down. So I can see getting as much as 5Hz lower than tuning solidly, but I have to guess that the rest is due to the car being part of your enclosure? Your box sitting out in your driveway may be tuned to 31Hz, but as soon as you put it in your car, now the whole car is the enclosure, and maybe it is tuned to 25Hz as a whole now, so now you can drop down to 22 without a filter?

So if I went all the way up to 25Hz where the SSF is automaticaly set on the kicker, I'd be just fine... I'd still be tuned lower than almost everyone else, I would still be able to hit 20Hz safely.... I take that back... you're not using a SSF, I don't want one either until 20Hz. I don't want 20Hz-25Hz being taken out in the least. I know, it's only 5Hz, but the point is I want the absolute lowest the loudest... so if there is anything there, I don't want it being filtered at all and I dont want it unloading at all, I want it PEAKING there. With a SSF at 25Hz, 5 Hz down from that is barely affected... but I'm being overly anal about this.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this statement....its about the enclosure design and loading environment.

for my old school JL 15W4 the excursion graph in my enclosure said I should have been bottoming out badly with 200-300 watts...The enclosure was 4.3 cubes tuned to 40Hz with 112.5 sq in of port area...I gave this sub all my 800 watt rms amp had daily with no problems....No SSF either. played down to 30Hz with no excursion problems.

On the WinISD excursion graph of this sub with 800 watts the sub should have smashed the former to hell.

Edited by aznboi3644

I didn't read the rest, just the first topic.

I love ultra lows, I think its neet to play 10 to 20 hertz. Its just neet to me but I have not and would never think of trying to do it ported.

All my personal installs are sealed box setups even though I could be really loud with my stuff if I ported it.

I would love to have my 4 10s in 4 spereate 1 cubic foot enclosures.(One box 4 sections sorry) but the best I can do is .7 to get all 4 in there.

Its still pretty neet at 20 hertz.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png