Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Im still confused about the port dimension boxes. Should the height be 15.5? what does it mean by width? Is that the gap measurement? And if I want the divider in the middel of the 2 ports, is that accounted for, since i put 2 on the number of ports? The diameter should be .75 for the wood thickness?

aw shit i skipped over that.. under port bends it says yes.. but if the depth of my box is 18 inches and the port is 12 then why do i need to bend it?

what is your width?

Im still confused about the port dimension boxes. Should the height be 15.5? what does it mean by width? Is that the gap measurement? And if I want the divider in the middel of the 2 ports, is that accounted for, since i put 2 on the number of ports? The diameter should be .75 for the wood thickness?

yes height should be 15.5". width is just that, the width of the port. a divider is not accounted for as it uses the port as one port. a divider in the middle would essentially make it two separate boxes. wood thickness for now is defaulted to .75" for the thickness

aw shit i skipped over that.. under port bends it says yes.. but if the depth of my box is 18 inches and the port is 12 then why do i need to bend it?

Width can be a factor, or the fact that the calculator assumes it's going on one of two faces of the box depending on what you tell it. you can't be that specific with it.

for example, a lot of times when i use aero's in my deign i port em to the side just so they don't have to bend (width is usually longer than depth). the calc says it bends, and it would if it were on the front or top of the enclosure, but on the side it doesn't need to

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

yes diameter is for round ports. leave those two bottom boxes blank unless you plan on using round ports. the port length is how far the port goes in the box. but it is in the 'physical port length'. there is no separate measurement

Ok, I think I figured it out, What do you guys think, did I do it right? Its for 2 13w7s. Gonna be a box with one common wall with port on bottom in middle. Got as close as i could to 30hz. Is it ok, that the port wall went 2" from back wall? Needed 4.75cf after sub displacements. Havent taken out for any bracing displacements yet, cause i hadn't figured that out yet. What should i make the total net space to account for bracing?

bottomportbox.jpg

get port area around 13 per cube. little more net volume. you can tune to 33 and be just fine. if you tune to 30, you're gonna lose a lot of your upper end in music. unless you listen to just slowed songs, then go ahead

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

get port area around 13 per cube. little more net volume. you can tune to 33 and be just fine. if you tune to 30, you're gonna lose a lot of your upper end in music. unless you listen to just slowed songs, then go ahead

Do you think 3 cf per sub is ok? I know the w7 is designed to be an SQ sub, but if I went a little bigger then the recommended specs, wouldnt the sub sound louder? I want the best of both worlds, SQ and SPL. Also how about if I used (4) 4" Aero ports instead of the slot port? tuned to 36 Hz

It would sound deeper. and there's a whole tutorial in the subwoofers/enclosures section on how to design your own box. i'll link you when i find it.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived