Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

since a 2x4 is not really 2"x4", we'll use 1.5"x3.5"

1.5 * 3.5 * 20.5 = 107.625

1.5 * 3.5 * 46.5 = 244.125

add those together to get 351.75. that's your volume in inches. divide that by a cubic foot in inches (1728) to get your volume in feet. you get .2 for your bracing displacement.

Damn i need to make a new box. But all these measurments and numbers are confusing :noob:

when u put the numbers in for the port do you take the legnth and divide it by the # of ports to get the legnth for each port or do you just take that number and make all the ports that legnth?

also how come 2 x 2" ports is less port area then 1 x 4" port?

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

when u put the numbers in for the port do you take the legnth and divide it by the # of ports to get the legnth for each port or do you just take that number and make all the ports that legnth?

also how come 2 x 2" ports is less port area then 1 x 4" port?

I'm confused by your first question lol. first box refers to the number of ports. diameter refers to the diameter of the port. the length is what you adjust to tune the box.

the reason why 2" ports don't have more port area is because even combined they're still smaller. not to mention ìi don't think I'd ever use 2" ports for any application. the math for port area for an aero port is pi x radius^2. so for 2 2" ports, you get 6.28 square inches wheread a four inch port has 12.56 square inches. not quite as easy as 2+2=4 when it comes to adding radius

and loudnlow, did you try to download the program itself and try it?

I gets to Download and install processes then it says "Status: Re-Establishing connection with the server (attempt 1 of 5)" then it goes 2/5 3/5 4/5 5/5 then it says "Setup could not download all of the necessary file..."

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

I'm confused by your first question lol. first box refers to the number of ports. diameter refers to the diameter of the port. the length is what you adjust to tune the box.

the reason why 2" ports don't have more port area is because even combined they're still smaller. not to mention ìi don't think I'd ever use 2" ports for any application. the math for port area for an aero port is pi x radius^2. so for 2 2" ports, you get 6.28 square inches wheread a four inch port has 12.56 square inches. not quite as easy as 2+2=4 when it comes to adding radius

and loudnlow, did you try to download the program itself and try it?

when it tells me the length the port is if i have more then 1 port do i split the length between the ports or do i just make all the ports that length?

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

Archived