jamesadamseod Posted February 22, 2009 Report Posted February 22, 2009 I'm trying' to figure this all out. I just put in 2 Audioque HDC312-A subs, 2 AQ2200D amps strapped, an AQ4X90 amp, and 2 pair Hertz Hi Energy HSK165 components. I built a regular ported box, all up firing. Now the question. My buddy says i need a snail shell instead. I have 43 wide by 20 high by 13 deep to work with. I don't think a snail shell can be made for 2-12's in that amount of space. Am I right? If my math is right, that box would be huge. Second of all, this system makes my ears hurt, with the right cd, but it is definitely not as loud as I expected. The box is 43x20x13, 4.1cuft after displacements, and the port is 5.5 wide by 11.5 high and 20 long center firing between the subs. The port calculation is done with the information off of JL audio's website, the mdf is 13.75 long. The subs have 4400rms, I would really expect louder. It does sound really good though. Any help is appreciated. Here are some links, JL Port website - http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=165 A link to my car domain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3250344 - there is a picture of the snail shell for 1-12 a buddy and I built before at the bottom.
aznboi3644 Posted February 22, 2009 Report Posted February 22, 2009 snail shell can't just be sized up for two 12's if its designed for one.
kingsuv Posted February 22, 2009 Report Posted February 22, 2009 Wasn't the double shot the 2fer for the snail shell? It's been a min since I heard someone talking bout these. I still have one collecting dust in the garage Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
jamesadamseod Posted February 22, 2009 Author Report Posted February 22, 2009 snail shell can't just be sized up for two 12's if its designed for one. I know. That was just a design for a single 12 I have used. That was a large box. I would like a snail, but I don't think I have enough room in my Durango. That is the question. How big would a snail shell be for 2 12" Audioque HDC312-A's? Wasn't the double shot the 2fer for the snail shell? It's been a min since I heard someone talking bout these. I still have one collecting dust in the garage I tried to find the Doubleshot but apparently the Nolte Audio website is gone. Of course it is when I am interested in a snail shell.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.