Where is best groudn for battery?

I already upgraded my ground to 4ga., but i have 0 ga. going back so i want to upgrade my ground to 0ga.  Right now it's attached to some metal bar in my engine , I want to get my ground on the primary frame, not some stupid bar welded onto the frame. 

Should i do it like on or around wheel well??? where will it be the best ground?

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

Well the whole frame is welded together, so if this bar is welded to the frame, it is the frame.  As long as the metals clean and properly sanded down, it should be a fine ground.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

the MECP study guide says the best ground path is the primary frame - assuming the amps are also groudned there.  Secondary frames that have lots of welds don't work as well.  Like rear decks will have a worse ground path.

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

I already upgraded my ground to 4ga., but i have 0 ga. going back so i want to upgrade my ground to 0ga.  Right now it's attached to some metal bar in my engine , I want to get my ground on the primary frame, not some stupid bar welded onto the frame.

Should i do it like on or around wheel well??? where will it be the best ground?

I am pretty sure that the best ground in the engine compartment is the alternator bracket.....

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

I am pretty sure that the best ground in the engine compartment is the alternator bracket.....

Isn't that an engine ground though?  I think he needs a chassis ground off the battery.  And when you said bar I thought you were referring to something like the core support.  Which would work.  But yea just try to find the most "solid" part of the frame. 

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived