Second Skin Audio

2 12's Or 2 15's In 2000 Accord Trunk?

solo z

anybody around have same year style as mine? alright so few questions and please no "depends on the build qualtiy" answers we are assuming the best here....

1. ive measured and it seems like 15's with a would fit firing forward/backwards but has anyone do this without the box being built in the trunk?

2. in a ported trunk setup ive read that the port should be as many inches away from the trunk lid as it is long? any links explaining this?

3. on FI's site does recommended enclosure size include displacement and port or is it net?

4. is 6cubes net enough for two 15 bls? even though its a little on the small side wouldnt the cone area more make up for being in a box thats .3 cu shy of where it should be?

5. final one......where do you draw the line to determine if you really need to fully load a BL? i only plan to throw 2500rms at them and wondering whens its really needed? i can find better areas to throw a extra 140 bucks at lol

6. ive also heard that firing front gets louder but thats also with the speakers and port sealed from the back of the trunk...if i do that i know it will be loud with my seats folded down but what will happen when my seats are up? will that damage the subs to only have "MAYBE" 3 inches of space between my back seats and where its sealed off from trunk?

thanks for the help guys.....i own some q's in my daily car but dnt know awhole lot when it comes to building proper ported setups ^_^

with out a doubt considering both are in proper ported boxes the 15,s will be louder. about 9times outta 10 a box sealed off from the trunk with ports and subs firing forward will be the loudest. about fully loading thebl. it nevers hurts to do extra. you msy be sorry in the end if you skimp now

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

And you will not be able to fit 2 15s back there if you dont plan on building in the trunk.

2 12s is possible though.

yea honestly didnt think about it being a honda

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

I have a 2000 coupe.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

That is with 1 12" btl.

And you will not be able to fit 2 15s back there if you dont plan on building in the trunk.

2 12s is possible though.

ummm i think your link went somewhere else? is your name on youtube have something to do with wilson? is it white? if so ive seen your vids before, what your box specs? still not sure which way i want to go...something about my box being permanent in the trunk kinda throws me off :unknw:

troy - ive also heard that firing front gets louder but thats also with the speakers and port sealed from the back of the trunk...if i do that i know it will be loud with my seats folded down but what will happen when my seats are up? will that damage the subs to only have "MAYBE" 3 inches of space between my back seats and where its sealed off from trunk? this is also a question i should of had up top

if wont damage it just will not be as loud. just depends on haow much you want t opt into it

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

BLK SIN 2 12's build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry158299

144 bassrace, probably the absolute BEST way to do it, forward firing, seal it up the best u can.

2 15's will HAVE to be built in the car. 2 12s could slide the box in.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived