Sonic Electronix

RE: JBL AMP Remote Bass Controller

hiya all, could anyone help me please.....

Today i finally recieved the remote controller for my JBL amps.... 1 controller... 2 amps.

Now as Steve stated in one of his posts where "whats the knob you turn?" he stated that it was one controller, one amp was master and all the rest were slaves. Now i thought this might work with my 2 JBL GTO1201.1, as the main RCA's from the HU run in to amp1 and then from amp1 i use the Preouts and run RCA's to amp2.

But when i turn the knob down only Amp1 turns the gain down. When i connect it visa versa amp2 only turns gain down.

I cant get both amps to turn down, i used to use my EQ at one point to turn the bass down, this was like the RCA's from the HU to the EQ then from EQ to amps but this was months ago but i could hear clearly that when the volume gets alittle high the EQ would distort the sound = Not good for amps or subs. Where as without the EQ bass is much more clear and neat.

Therefore im very dissapointed that it didnt work but then again maybe im doing it wrong... any help would be apprciated.

i'll attach a picture of the controller.

post-14-1170969955.jpg

bass_knob.JPG_thumb

The RF amps have a master/slave feature, meaning you can adjust them with just one amp (the master one).  So I'm not sure if your amps can even be linked together

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall