Second Skin Audio

Box For Two E8's

wait a minute, wasnt there a video where someone put 700w to one of those and blew it out?

edit: this video was with 700w a piece with 2 of them hooked up

edit 2: whoever that is in the video talking, i think jake, at 33 seconds in the video he says they started to smell. so no, those things would not be able to take 750w daily.

Edited by Krannyman92

That is the worst idea you could possible do next to wall socketing them.

seriously you think you can throw 750 rms on each one? James knows his shit along with many of the other guys on this forum. Going with your idea, you might as well whip your ass after you take a shit with a 100$ bill. You will be rendering that $100 useless either way you look at it.

wait a minute, wasnt there a video where someone put 700w to one of those and blew it out?

edit: this video was with 700w a piece with 2 of them hooked up

edit 2: whoever that is in the video talking, i think jake, at 33 seconds in the video he says they started to smell. so no, those things would not be able to take 750w daily.

The only difference between what jake's doing is, he's TRYING to kill the woofer...i'm simply wanting to hear some clean music.

That is the worst idea you could possible do next to wall socketing them.

seriously you think you can throw 750 rms on each one? James knows his shit along with many of the other guys on this forum. Going with your idea, you might as well whip your ass after you take a shit with a 100$ bill. You will be rendering that $100 useless either way you look at it.

you may be right, but then again....you may be wrong. i'll be sure to post the vid as soon as i crank em up!

The only difference between what jake's doing is, he's TRYING to kill the woofer...i'm simply wanting to hear some clean music.

what you dont understand is that your going to be essentially doing the same thing that theyre doing in the video. doesnt matter if they're trying to blow it, the point i was trying to make is that they were giving each woofer 700rms and it bottomed the hell out. you do the same thing to yours and its the same story.

after/if they blow

if they work, more power to you :clapping: but i dont have a good feeling about it

jesus, how do you think i feel about it seeing all these car audio braniacs tell me i'm crazy! all i can say is, if i blow them, they are all yours...free, but you pay the shipping!!!

what you dont understand is that your going to be essentially doing the same thing that theyre doing in the video. doesnt matter if they're trying to blow it, the point i was trying to make is that they were giving each woofer 700rms and it bottomed the hell out. you do the same thing to yours and its the same story.

stay tuned....

only thing i will say about that vid is that they were free air when he socketed em. but that still doesnt mean they'll work in this application tho.

EDIT: actually, he had them hooked up in series, so it was seeing an 8 ohm load too btw

Edited by ExpoSport