I've always been a party animal, for the past couple of years I've never been one to turn down any party or get together that involves drinking. I started drinking on a *regular* (every weekend) basis my sophomore year in high school. I come from Bardstown, KY (Now in Mississippi) and it being the whiskey capital of the world doesn't help a whole lot, lol. Anyway, I'm 18 years old now, and I still love to party my ass off. Yes I know I'm underage and whatever but alcohol resources are always plentiful (anyone knows how that is, never had to play Hey Mister).

Now I think it's sorta gone off the deep end though. For the past five months I've drank at least three times a week to the point to where I'm past buzzed. This past tuesday I went to Mardi Gras and woke up with a hangover, so I had a drink to help soothe it and ended up drinking the entire day. Another thing is I can always go for a beer, like I crave it. lol. I'll drink liquor but beer is my drink of choice (next to sparks), and it always seems like it'll quench my thirst better than anything else.

Drinking hasn't really taken a huge toll on my athleticism and it doesn't effect my everyday activities and I still do everything right on schedule. I just don't know if I should quit because I've opened a gateway to the rest of my life or I'll be ok. I don't think I'm gonna die from serosis (spell check?) or anything and I def. wanna keep partying cause thats what I do! Idk though, maybe as I mature more I'll just grow out of it. I would like some input from some older heads though so I can better make my decision.

Thanks everyone,

Lopez

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Im not much older than you and i dont drink like that but i had a neighbor that drank alot i mean everyday and and could eat beer cereal, he go so bad that he was passed out in his lawn when his wife's parents came over and he was there on the lawn, now he lost his house, smokes crack doesnt have a good job, and other shit so i dont know if your gonna go deeper but just watch yourself and dont be like him.

be smart and cut back

from someone who had the same situation and got drunk 3-5 nights a week my senior year of highschool (still keeping a 3.5 and working after school, never missing a day of either), just because it's not screwing up your life yet doesn't mean it wont

cut back. you can def still go out on weekends and drink and have fun, but dont go out getting trashed every night, and dont be like me and drink every single day, heavily on 3-5 nights.

be a designated driver for some parties, the responsibility and perfect excuse make it that much easier not to drink

and dont worry when your friends say something like "we're 18, we're supposed to have fun and drink and do dumb shit", yea, but its not so fun when you cause damage, start bad habits, or get arrested a few times.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Yeah I see what you guys are saying, I just don't really see a point in stopping if it's not really affecting my everyday life. I'm not an asshole to people and I get everything I need to done. I NEVER drink and drive though, I have lost a few friends to that and I'm smarter than to risk a go-around like that.

I do drink on week nights, not fifths, I'll drink a half of a fifth or a little more in one sitting by myself though. That's why I got sorta worried. I have all the friends I could ask for and they're great, noone really drinks in this town though, not to mention it's a dry county! haha, I have to smuggle in my alcohol! I've looked for other more 'positive' activities to partake in though without luck. It's so small here all everyone does is go to church (boring to me) and out of town, which I do sometimes but all I've ever ended up doing with these people is riding around for a couple hours before they realize there is nothing to do and we leave, on several occasions.

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

just dont drink and drive and you will be ok, when you start drinking every night and i mean a 5th and at least a 12er thats when you have a real problem. some say if you have just one drink every day your addicted, i guess its just a point of view type thing

Uhhh....That's beyond a problem. If you know someone who drinks a fifth AND a 12 pack every day, then you know someone on their death bed.

I'd say, take a break for a while and see how you feel. Some people are more prone to addiction than others.

be smart and cut back

from someone who had the same situation and got drunk 3-5 nights a week my senior year of highschool (still keeping a 3.5 and working after school, never missing a day of either), just because it's not screwing up your life yet doesn't mean it wont

cut back. you can def still go out on weekends and drink and have fun, but dont go out getting trashed every night, and dont be like me and drink every single day, heavily on 3-5 nights.

be a designated driver for some parties, the responsibility and perfect excuse make it that much easier not to drink

and dont worry when your friends say something like "we're 18, we're supposed to have fun and drink and do dumb shit", yea, but its not so fun when you cause damage, start bad habits, or get arrested a few times.

I agree with that, I'm yet to be arrested for underage drinking or drinking and driving (never got behind the wheel drunk). I know just what you're saying when your friends say that shit too, back in KY that was everyone's biggest excuse to get drunk, to friends, teachers, and parents. I guess I just do need to cut back and take things in moderation though. It's just become such a regular thing at the same time though.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode