d00bie Posted March 1, 2009 Report Posted March 1, 2009 Hey all, just looking for a bit of advice from the US of A bass heads out there.. I'm looking to build a car for SPL results, but not solely just burping. Would like to have it actually play music.. The hardware I'm using is 4 x 15" Massive DMX subs. Am I better to wall or not to wall? The car is a saloon, I'll be removing the back seats completely and housing the amps in the boot. Just wondering what peoples opinions would be. For max SPL what enclosure would be best? the wall?? thanks d00bie
d00bie Posted March 1, 2009 Author Report Posted March 1, 2009 Anyone? Hey all, just looking for a bit of advice from the US of A bass heads out there..I'm looking to build a car for SPL results, but not solely just burping. Would like to have it actually play music.. The hardware I'm using is 4 x 15" Massive DMX subs. Am I better to wall or not to wall? The car is a saloon, I'll be removing the back seats completely and housing the amps in the boot. Just wondering what peoples opinions would be. For max SPL what enclosure would be best? the wall?? thanks d00bie
onlyinajeep Posted March 1, 2009 Report Posted March 1, 2009 id say wall it less area to presureise TEAM PURE Team South http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195192-8-pure-audio-15-flat-wall-chevy-crewcab-dually-vid-page-4-s/
07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted March 1, 2009 Report Posted March 1, 2009 what kind of car? if SUV, i can get away w/o walling, in a sedan (4dr) you'd probably need to wall it... CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
d00bie Posted March 1, 2009 Author Report Posted March 1, 2009 Thanks for the replies guys.. Its a Saloon car.. So wall looks like the right way to go? Its just been reading a few posts on here and some people suggest a wall can sometimes be bad, and a box would be better. Apologies, but few more Qs walls in cars aren't really popular round here!! The car has a sunroof unfortunately!! I'm thinking of putting in a 3/4 MDF roof to cover the sunroof completely. Would this be sufficient? and would I require sound deadening behind this? or does the MDF sound proof enough? I'll be putting in 4 subs, will be building them in two enclosures with 2 subs in each with port in the middle. Just to help strengthen the boxes and minimise flex. Measurements I have to play with are 34"x24"x54".. so around 22cubic ft... The Subs are 15" Massive Audio DMX subs what would be the best freq to tune these at? if possible could someone please help out here? From my 2x2sub enclosures looks like I'll have 17"x24"x54" per box not incl MDF thickness or port. Anyone have a port design they suggest? Again, thanks for the reply lads
d00bie Posted March 3, 2009 Author Report Posted March 3, 2009 Anyone?? Thanks for the replies guys..Its a Saloon car.. So wall looks like the right way to go? Its just been reading a few posts on here and some people suggest a wall can sometimes be bad, and a box would be better. Apologies, but few more Qs walls in cars aren't really popular round here!! The car has a sunroof unfortunately!! I'm thinking of putting in a 3/4 MDF roof to cover the sunroof completely. Would this be sufficient? and would I require sound deadening behind this? or does the MDF sound proof enough? I'll be putting in 4 subs, will be building them in two enclosures with 2 subs in each with port in the middle. Just to help strengthen the boxes and minimise flex. Measurements I have to play with are 34"x24"x54".. so around 22cubic ft... The Subs are 15" Massive Audio DMX subs what would be the best freq to tune these at? if possible could someone please help out here? From my 2x2sub enclosures looks like I'll have 17"x24"x54" per box not incl MDF thickness or port. Anyone have a port design they suggest? Again, thanks for the reply lads
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.