Second Skin Audio

Need Some Suggestions For 2 12 Type S Enclosure

L561W

I just ordered two dual 2 ohm Type S 12s for my next setup. I will be running them off of an Alpine mono, 600x1 RMS at 2 ohms. I'm going to be building the box soon, and need some suggestions on tuning and what airspace works good for these subs. I listen to mainly rap and some rock here and there. Definitely want to go with vented. The amount of volume isn't really an issue because it's going into a big ass trunk. But just for shits & giggles, max dimensions are 60Wx15Hx30D if I remember correctly. Any suggestions at all are appreciated.

are you set on building your own box?

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

fro those subs you could definately go with a prefab box. however if you realy wanna build a box then just use a box calculator and port calculator{just google search} and build the box to alpines recomended specs. ported the box should be anywhere from 1.25-2ft^3. for rap tune low like 32-34. that should do you right

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

if you are capable of building your own box go for it.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

if you want to build your own box, which props to you for thinkin of building one before goin prefab, what i learned from my first box is make 2 in 1. I figured out how much space i have to work with. take that and compare it to the specs for the sub. Than when you build the box, put a divider in the center and make sure each side is equal in cubic footage. Port each side according to the manufacturing specs and it'll pound like a bitch. Lots of guys run a common box with one port for a pair, quad, or more subs. It sounds just as good it's just with a 2 in 1 you know that you have the correct specs and don't have to worry about much. Atleast that's what i've learned from my first few boxes.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived