howd you manage to have to put a new top end in it? no oil or do you just do new top ends every while

Rings were worn out.... sidewall clearance was out of spec too....

lots of ride time and drag races on a modified engine = lots of wear on top ends.

Rings were worn out.... sidewall clearance was out of spec too....

lots of ride time and drag races on a modified engine = lots of wear on top ends.

no BIG bore kit with what kind of mods??? :dry:

BTW wiesco FTW

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

no BIG bore kit with what kind of mods??? :dry:

BTW wiesco FTW

Wiseco FTL....if I was to ever put aftermarket piston in the 450 it would be a CP. FAR superior to the Wiseco's. But don't get me wrong, Wiseco still makes a damn good piston....especially for a 2 stroke engine.

The engine has the HRC kit (Honda Racing Corp.) ....plus a few tweaks that i have done....

Wiseco FTL....if I was to ever put aftermarket piston in the 450 it would be a CP. FAR superior to the Wiseco's. But don't get me wrong, Wiseco still makes a damn good piston....especially for a 2 stroke engine.

The engine has the HRC kit (Honda Racing Corp.) ....plus a few tweaks that i have done....

Sand Mt. Nevada easter weekend... bring your pink slip! yamaha 450's FTGDMFW the ktm's come close but i have yet to see a Honda 450 hang especialy stock ones which yours basicly is. ;)

dont get me wrong i love Hondas, they make very reliabe recreational vehicles, which is why i cant believe you already have to do your top end!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Sand Mt. Nevada easter weekend... bring your pink slip! yamaha 450's FTGDMFW the ktm's come close but i have yet to see a Honda 450 hang especialy stock ones which yours basicly is. ;)

dont get me wrong i love Hondas, they make very reliabe recreational vehicles, which is why i cant believe you already have to do your top end!

I live in StL......little too far away for me. And if you don't know how much maintenance these bikes take you have NO business having one, or talking about which ones are better. Or maybe you just let them go to shit.

Yammie makes nice bikes.... but there is nothing special about them. If you got money and you want an ALL-OUT drag bike brand doesn't really matter......it's mainly about who has more money. Chances are on a bike like that there would be VERY few, if any, stock parts on it.

I live in StL......little too far away for me. And if you don't know how much maintenance these bikes take you have NO business having one, or talking about which ones are better. Or maybe you just let them go to shit.

Yammie makes nice bikes.... but there is nothing special about them. If you got money and you want an ALL-OUT drag bike brand doesn't really matter......it's mainly about who has more money. Chances are on a bike like that there would be VERY few, if any, stock parts on it.

actually 4-strokes need way less maintenance than 2-strokes, and i own those also! im far from new to the game... matta fact what kinda toy-hauller you got and what do you tow it with? hell are you a member on the Thumper forum??? you ever been beat by a raptor on the drag strip?

oh yeah! about your yamaha comment, you need to check out the GNCC series!!!

Archived