Second Skin Audio

Port And Sub Position In A Trunk Car

I was going to put the port firing back with the subs, but there won't be enough room. I am going for SQL and plan on playing music as it is my daily. What would firing the subs back and the port to the side do to the sound quality? Should I rethink the 6" port? I considered porting through the package tray but I am not going to cut any metal. I am hoping the side port thing will sound good. The enclosure is going to be 4 cubes and it's for two SeXXX 12's.

if you feel like being creative with the wood, maybe a 3'face box, where the sub is the center, annd parallel to the rear, and the subs are sloped back, and then come to sides perpendicular to the rear, im sure i described that shitty, just think of those curved triple boxes.

port to the side should be fine though. SQ wise i'd image it to be near indescernable, it just may meter a little higher or lower.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

if you feel like being creative with the wood, maybe a 3'face box, where the sub is the center, annd parallel to the rear, and the subs are sloped back, and then come to sides perpendicular to the rear, im sure i described that shitty, just think of those curved triple boxes.

port to the side should be fine though. SQ wise i'd image it to be near indescernable, it just may meter a little higher or lower.

I think I get what you are saying. But I am doing this one out of birch so I think a rectangle with the port on the side is going to have to do. I still can't believe how big that port looks.lol

I am getting some wood after work tomorrow... (Jumping out of a Casa 212) and would love to do it right. The thing is, I have never heard a side ported enclosure. If it is a bad idea I would love to know.

Edited by Airborne