bumonskateboard6 Posted March 6, 2009 Report Posted March 6, 2009 I've put a lotta subs in pre-fab boxes in the back of friend's trunks. Ported, sealed, or bandpass, I usually just point them backwards. I've been wondering if there's any advantage to firing the subs forward or backwards and what the difference would be? I know n00b question but I'm on here to learn... Current Systems: 2011 BMW 335i Hertz HDP1 DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber 2002 Acura TlKenwood DNX9980HD2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 CoilsDC 3.5kHertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 RearHertz HDP4 AmpDC Power Engineering 260 Amp AltBig 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0XS Power D2400 Up Front i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch... going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box... Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth. A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?
capalass23 Posted March 6, 2009 Report Posted March 6, 2009 in a trunk situation its allways best to keep the subs pointed towards the back with the ports towards the front i hear that works perty good idk what the diffrence would be but thats what i hear 95 WAGON BUILD FEED BACK
bumonskateboard6 Posted March 6, 2009 Author Report Posted March 6, 2009 Yeah that's usually what I try to do when possible, I think the big thing behind it is bass wavelengths are long and they will sound better if they travel the distance to the back of the trunk then forward. Current Systems: 2011 BMW 335i Hertz HDP1 DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber 2002 Acura TlKenwood DNX9980HD2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 CoilsDC 3.5kHertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 RearHertz HDP4 AmpDC Power Engineering 260 Amp AltBig 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0XS Power D2400 Up Front i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch... going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box... Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth. A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.