Sundown Audio

Amp Locations

mbdblue

so I realized upon ordering my 3rd zeus that I wont have space for 3 zeuses and a colossus in the trunk once my lvl 4s are in....I was wondering what experiences anyone has had with underseat mounting....like overheating issues, wire pinching, etc....or if anyone has any other suggestions as to where else I could mount them that would be cool too...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

got my RF T1k underneath my seat.

its got about an inch all around it for air and it just barely gets warm.

as for cables... if you run them right there shouldn't be too much of a problem in the way of pinching.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

doesnt sound too bad, Ill definitely have to take measurements to see if the zeus will fit....even after welding custom brackets on, it still might be too thick....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

doesnt sound too bad, Ill definitely have to take measurements to see if the zeus will fit....even after welding custom brackets on, it still might be too thick....

I know this might not help a whole lot but you get the picture.

02-07-09_1527.jpg

it floats above everything.

also one of my ideas is that if you are bumpin pretty hard and thinking your amp is getting hot put your air conditioning on feet :P

I know this might not help a whole lot but you get the picture.

02-07-09_1527.jpg

it floats above everything.

also one of my ideas is that if you are bumpin pretty hard and thinking your amp is getting hot put your air conditioning on feet :P

hahaha true man! thats a good idea! I never thought about that either...changes alot....cuz I know the zeus that powers my 2 E8s gets hotter than the one only on speaks....probably cuz of the ohm load is bridged on both channels...

yeah subs are the powerhouse.

any amp that powers the subs is going to be hotter than the speakers amp.

unless of course you are running horn driver tweets haha.

you got a build log so I can get a better idea of what you got going?

yeah subs are the powerhouse.

any amp that powers the subs is going to be hotter than the speakers amp.

unless of course you are running horn driver tweets haha.

you got a build log so I can get a better idea of what you got going?

yeah man real slow tho....http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=22094&st=0

Archived