Sundown Audio

Amp Load Question

slugdub

L7, the square ones? Crazy. Those just make my head swim looking at em.

Wait, so you ran 4 on two punch250's? I used those before. Not stable at 2 ohms bridged in each channel though. I wonder how you did that. Must have been 2 ohm model non-bridged. Seems underpowered otherwise.

images-1.jpg

dunno i didnt do that install local audio store did..i got a great deal on the gear some guy was going to jail so he sold me the amps and the sony deck for 50$ and the audio store hooked me up wit the box and the subs...but it only stayed in there till i made another trade..

1996 Ford Taurus

----------------------------

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

3 kicker L7 10s (4)ohm droped

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

do you have the dual 2 ohm voice coil cvrs that you ordered or dual 4?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Dvc 2 ohms.

If I didn't now better, I would have gotten the 4 but people here instructed me and the schematics I looked at made the choice clear.

I don't even know why someone would even want a 4 ohm version of that. The options for hooking it up are severely limited and lame. I guess if you were running just 1 @ 2 ohms.

images-1.jpg

so this is how you will wire your subs to your amp

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

and the reason people like the 4 ohm version is prob because of something like this

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

find a good mono amp that puts out decent power at 1 ohm and you can have them like that

Team DC Audio

I like kicker at 1ohm..if u lookin to upgrade to a good amp go for the Memphis MCD1100.1 i have it pushing my subs and love the amp..

1996 Ford Taurus

----------------------------

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

3 kicker L7 10s (4)ohm droped

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

the audiopipe ap15001d is really nice, and is about 200 bucks.. does 950 rms at 2 ohms, 1500 rms at 1... and is built like a tank

Team DC Audio