Major Charging Problem

Well me and sum friend went muddin today and on the way back my battery gauge dropped to 0 and check guages light came on..but starts up just fine and will sit at around 12 then drop down to 0 what could cause this???

1999 Cherokee 4.0

*UPDATE* Alright well today I had to jump it and took it to o'reillys and they tested a bad battery so I was headed to where I work so I could get a discount and it started missing VERY VERY VERY BAD..and then died so we jumped it again and it didnt even wanna run but i managed to get it to a parking lot then we put a new battery in it 650CCA and 800CA-NEW

OLD-630CCA 730CA and still only stays at 12volts then drops to 0 so I guess its just running off the battery charge since the ALT isnt charging it my friend said try and spray carb or electric cleaner into the Alt to try and get sum mud and stuff out of it..a New alt is around 200 everywhere iv checked*UPDATE*

my friend said this happened to his rodeo and he replaced batt and Alt and still does it.....

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

maby got mud in the fuse box n fuked up one of the relays? im not sure i was thinkin bout alt problems to, me n my bro n law went muddin one day n to leave there we had to run threw a creek, so he hit it at like 40mph and got mud in his air box lol :rolleyes: , but ya ied look at relays n fuses to man, u must of be doin some serious shit tho lol :tease: , muddin ftmfw :clapping:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Ya well the only good side of the story is I was the only one who didnt get stuck and I went thru everything out there I did cross a Major creek and go thru sum monster holes

always sumthin when I go muddin

first time I went bout a week after I got my jeep and the front tire fell off on the way home now this :(

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

Well me and sum friend went muddin today and on the way back my battery gauge dropped to 0 and check guages light came on..but starts up just fine and will sit at around 12 then drop down to 0 what could cause this???

1999 Cherokee 4.0

*UPDATE* Alright well today I had to jump it and took it to o'reillys and they tested a bad battery so I was headed to where I work so I could get a discount and it started missing VERY VERY VERY BAD..and then died so we jumped it again and it didnt even wanna run but i managed to get it to a parking lot then we put a new battery in it 650CCA and 800CA-NEW

OLD-630CCA 730CA and still only stays at 12volts then drops to 0 so I guess its just running off the battery charge since the ALT isnt charging it my friend said try and spray carb or electric cleaner into the Alt to try and get sum mud and stuff out of it..a New alt is around 200 everywhere iv checked*UPDATE*

my friend said this happened to his rodeo and he replaced batt and Alt and still does it.....

Did you change your old alterntor to new one? Sometime a bad battey can cause a dead to alternator. Check to see if your belt are not slipping and adjusted properly.

Archived