Second Skin Audio

How Long Till I Can Blow My Ib3 18

so how are you exceeding its mechanical limits without damaging it.. or did you already say that but i didnt pick up on it?

That's its mechanical limits in an IB alignment which is what it's designed for.

If you put it in a box (giving it much more cone control) then you can increase the mechanical limits :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

noob question

what is a sine sweep?

avery dangerous thing, esp for Jordan Powell

a sine is a pure tone, single frequncy. sweep means it starts at 1 point and goes to another

this one was a 20Hz-250Hz sweep, but I kept starting it over, cuz it's not fun anymore or visible on the camera a little above it's 33Hz tuning.... cone motion is little above 40-50Hz

IB3 22"

so how are you exceeding its mechanical limits without damaging it.. or did you already say that but i didnt pick up on it?

the subwoofer free air will reach it's Xmax/Xlim/Xsus/and Xmech at 20Hz with 550-600 watts. The voice coil reaches it's thermal limits with double that power. When you put the subwoofer in a restricted airspace :D in an enclosure, the mechanical limits are most affected. In a small sealed enclosure, the electrical limits will limit the driver

AND YES, THIS SUB WOULD WORK JUST FINE IN A SMALL SEALED ENCLOSURE! THE ONLY THING ABOUT IT IS IT IS A 2LAYER VC SO IT TAKES A LITTLE LESS POWER, BUT, IT IS MORE EFFICIENT SO REQUIRES A LITTLE LESS POWER!

My enclosure is still pretty efficient, "low Q", unrestrictive. This means I still don't need gobs of power to do the same thing as the BTL's in smaller enclosures.

IB3 22"

whoa fucker! where have ya been all month or 3?! I had it anounced in my sig and many threads! :D

how much we talkin here??

I will PM you about it.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz