Second Skin Audio

Jl Audio Sub Recomendations

I currently have 2 jl audio 15wo subs running off a jl 500/1 in an extended cab ranger. The subs sound alright but i would rather have subs that are more accurate, but still loud. I listen to mainly rock and I am trying to decide if I should buy one 12w6v2, 2 12w3v3s, or 2 10w6v2s. I have only heard the 12w3v3s and they sound great, but I would like to know a bit more about the w6's. Thanks.

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

are you still planning on running your 500/1 amp to your new subs?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

ya. same amp.

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Im just looking for advice right now. I won't be buying any sub till later. Thanks though.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

why not get w6 v2 15 inch subs?

edit* nver mind teh only make them till 13s.

Edited by Beanz

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Im pretty sure jl doesnt make a 15w6v2 sub... and I would rather have a smaller sub for accuracy and room in the truck...

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

u want 2 stay just with JL subs or are u willing 2 browse around on other subs

if u wanna stay with JL subs id say 2 10w3v2's would be nice and accurate

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Ok. ya, i noticed your edit... I dont have the money to spend on 13's and I doubt the 500/1 will be enough power for 2... I would like good 10s or 12s.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

the w6s would be able to handle a few more wattage then the w3.are you just only goin to want to run jsut one w6?