XS Power

Power Master Intellicharger Questions

Ok just got my intellicharger from MECHMAN and I have a few questions as to how to use it, I read though the manual, but I dont really find that too helpful when figuring out things.

First

In my car now, I have a Optima Red Top up front and a Deka Intimidator 9A31 in the rear. My normal charge rate from my stinger volt meter says 14.5-14.6 at the amps. Now I went to use my intellicharger to let the batteries get a little charged, So I put them on AGM, 12volt, and set it at the 15 amp setting. Now I only let them sit on this for about 3 and a half hours, It didnt make it to the full charge or float stage because I Had to leave work. I had a DMM on the battery and it was reading 14.2 volts while the car was off charging.

When I went to start my car, my voltage is now lower, I rest at around 14.2-14.4 if im lucky. I never really see 14.5 anymore, let alone 14.6. I was wondering why it did this?

Second

How do I know what type of charge to throw on my batteries? 2A 15A of 25A? The manual never really said how to determine this

Third

I have 4 Stinger SPV70s on their way here and I want to charge them each before putting them in my car, how would I go about doing this to give them each a nice good charge up. What settings etc, time frame, amount of charges do I need?

Any help at all would be awesome!

Thanks!

do you have it set on AGM High?

When it gets warmer, your alt will put out less voltage, metal properties

I use 25 amp

I just always leave the charger on until I need them, that was a week strait for my 16v

The charger is a 3 step cycle and you should wait it out until the float stage

HHR

(2) 15 DC Soundlab Lvl4XL SPL's

(1) Soundstream XXX-15000D

(9) XS Power D1000's

XS Power - Soundstream

SS N/W 155.1 db and climbing

Ok just got my intellicharger from MECHMAN and I have a few questions as to how to use it, I read though the manual, but I dont really find that too helpful when figuring out things.

First

In my car now, I have a Optima Red Top up front and a Deka Intimidator 9A31 in the rear. My normal charge rate from my stinger volt meter says 14.5-14.6 at the amps. Now I went to use my intellicharger to let the batteries get a little charged, So I put them on AGM, 12volt, and set it at the 15 amp setting. Now I only let them sit on this for about 3 and a half hours, It didnt make it to the full charge or float stage because I Had to leave work. I had a DMM on the battery and it was reading 14.2 volts while the car was off charging.

When I went to start my car, my voltage is now lower, I rest at around 14.2-14.4 if im lucky. I never really see 14.5 anymore, let alone 14.6. I was wondering why it did this?

Second

How do I know what type of charge to throw on my batteries? 2A 15A of 25A? The manual never really said how to determine this

Third

I have 4 Stinger SPV70s on their way here and I want to charge them each before putting them in my car, how would I go about doing this to give them each a nice good charge up. What settings etc, time frame, amount of charges do I need?

Any help at all would be awesome!

Thanks!

The amperage settings are for small, medium and large size batteries. When charging multiple batteries you will always want to use the 25A setting unless you are charging two small batteries like the D680. Also, when charging AGM batteries you will need to always use the AGM low setting. Charging any higher could cause damage or shortened life to the battery. For your SPV70's you will want to use the 25A mode for charging seperate or together.

The reason your alternator is not reading as high after a full charge on the 1005 is because the batteries are already fully charged and the alternator does not have to regulate the voltage as high to maintain the voltage of the batteries. You will notice that the resting voltage (8 hours after charging) will be higher after using the charger instead of the alternator.

Hope this helps!

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Awesome info Scottie, But thing is, I dont have an AGM high or low, just regular or AGM on mine. Got it from MechMan as his last years clearance. This is what i Have...

Posted Image

The AGM/Deep cycle thing is set over to AGM.

And yesterday I threw my spv70 on there with the 25A charge, came back today so it got about a full days charge, and the error light was on. What in the world went wrong?

Ramen is right... if after 10 hours the battery is not fully charged the charger will shut down in case there is a problem with the battery or connection. Just re-start it and off you go!

When charging the SPV70 you will always want to be in the AGM mode @ 25A.

Good luck!

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scottie, is the PM charger I bought an Intellicharger? I was told it was the 2008 model of 1005 intellicharger, but it does not look at all like the ones I see steve using and others. Nothing on it says intellicharger.

I have had my charger on my one spv70 at 15 amps for 5 days now and it keeps giving me an error each day.