Modding My Rear Window Brake Light.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Guest KyleCannon

Alright,

So I want to mod my brake light in my back window to this: http://www.oznium.com/high-intensity-led-floodlight

My bass hits so hard that the light comes out of the little holder and my "OMG a light is out" comes on.

Anyways, if i splice it and change it to this, will my warning light come on saying that a light is out? or is it simply a check that it does to see if the light is on by the connection of the two wires of the light? I want to make this light thing go away, any ideas?

I wouldn't go with that specific LED. It's pretty damn bright and only in a spot. Also I think alot of those brake lights are two stage, which that LED is not, so let's find you something more suitable.

You might have the issue though with the vehicle thinking a bulb is out when you switch to LED, because the LED's have a lot less resistance and draw, However you can still get around that by adding an additional resistor to the circuit which will act as a heavier load and allow the circuit to operate normally still.

Get some pics of your light you want to mod and we'll take a look at what options for LED's you've got available.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived