How Do You Get A New Battery To Fit Under The Hood?

I was reading a bunch of info about stock batts under the hood, and I for sure need to upgrade mine shortly. I think a kinetic 1400 or some power master would be great for me. I don't think they would fit perfectly in my 2002 Ford explorer xlt, so how would I go about making like a custom bracket or something along those lines?

Is that what I would need?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

i have exact same truck and exact same question lol x2 on ur post

and they barely fit in standing straight up i just used regular case but used wood to hold in.... hope u find out man

Edited by DCexplorer

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg

In my old truck I fabbed up a simple mounting bracket the size of the battery base by welding a few pieces of angle iron together and bolting it into the stock location. Then with the battery supported I just used a few bungee ties to keep it down. I got in front end collision with that truck and the battery survived, so I think my method worked alright.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Im a little confused by your post creyc, and yeah DC explorer, I keep watching your vids, we have like the same car. Lol I have an 18" btl, you have an 18" DC.

I'm gonna send you a pm.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

just make it work

my car an hc1400 fit with room to spare, i just put it back in with the standard 2-bolt and crossbar setup screwed down tight, never budged

100_0033-2.jpg

on 07sonatasp.ed's car we put in a d5100, placed it on the stock tray and used the standard mounting bolts to hold down plumbers tape, with the bolt through a hole in the tape. we then put a spare sock between the battery and plumber's tape to ward off scuffs. again, its never budged.

100_0040-1.jpg

basically, get creative and make it work.... where there's a will there's a way

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

it should fit fine with some room to spare if i remember correctly

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Yeah but mine has like a box that it goes in, its like completly enclosed except for the terminals, I'm pretty sure...

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Jan Bennent's hand made battery bracket http://www.mj-garage.com/Gallery2/v/Car+Au...ld/New+Battery/

Basically what I did except instead of going all the way up the battery, it only supported the bottom inch of the battery. I used bungees across the top to keep it in place.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck