Second Skin Audio

Subs Blown In 1 Minute.

So I bought some used DD 9917s off CACO and apparently they were just reconed. Well, I had a box built for one of them just to try it out and I started to play it in the car and it wasn't exactly very loud and literally after a minute or so, the sub completely locked up.

It was wired to two ohms @ 3000 watts which is pretty much nothing for a 9917.

So, after that, I hook up the other one. I notice the strong smell of a burning sub after about 20 seconds of playing it loud then about 2 hours later it starts making a sound like a spring vibrating or something. This one isn't blown YET but I sense it's damaged. Any of you guys have experience with something like this happening before?

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

So I bought some used DD 9917s off CACO and apparently they were just reconed. Well, I had a box built for one of them just to try it out and I started to play it in the car and it wasn't exactly very loud and literally after a minute or so, the sub completely locked up.

So, after that, I hook up the other one. I notice the strong smell of a burning sub after about 20 seconds of playing it loud then about 2 hours later it starts making a sound like a spring vibrating or something. This one isn't blown YET but I sense it's damaged. Any of you guys have experience with something like this happening before?

wow, you talk to the person that you bought em from?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Recone time

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

He claims that it's my fault. I really fail to see how it's my fault that they were DOA. I know for sure my amp is not delivering a mega clipped signal or anything. I had just swapped out my 2 15s at .5 ohm before putting in the 18.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

when an amp is clipped or going beyond it's max clean level ,ANY and all subs hooked up to it will become damaged . it sucks i know . the last sub i destroyed took six seconds believe it or not . that burning smell is the glues inside the sub burning . i've hit the stock 9518 with over 4k each with no problems at all .

McCain Mobile Audio

4x world champion

3x world record holder

it's kind of a bad situation because I paid quite a bit for the box to be build and I got a nice deal on them blown or not blown. It might just be worth it to get them fixed assuming that they can be fixed without doing this shit again

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

if you know you wired it properly and have been using the same amp with no issues on previous woofers then it has to bethe recones. did you put a multitest up to the coils before you hooked them up?

American Bass*DC Power