Second Skin Audio

Slugdub, your amplifier's frequency response is saying that it has a relatively flat response with little crossover distortion from 20Hz to 20Khz. Without filtering, you could pass infrasonics or VHF through the amplifier well above and below the 20-20, but you may damage the amplifier from that.

I would believe that the Lanzer OptiDrive has a frequency response of 40Hz-350Hz. Looking at the build and the small bits of manual floating around, it's another light cone-stiff suspension woofer. Going below 40Hz for that particular driver may bring damage to the driver itself.

Aznboi3644, the manufacturer's frequency response actually does mean a whole lot. Especially if it isn't the usual 20-20. If you aren't looking at the measured frequency response and just choosing drivers because you like them or think that every driver can have the same frequency response, that is not intelligent at all. Not suggesting you are, just stating.

Cheers,

Mick

*Edit; Still can't spell for peanuts.

Edited by MickyMcD

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Well, looks like the actual frequency response of the amp I am getting (just located one for sure now.. grr) is Not Available?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R611A/Infi...tures_and_specs

That is helpful. I'm getting too much info now and my brain hurts trying to figure out how to prevent subsonic damage and all that jazz.

images-1.jpg