Sonic Electronix

OK fellas, I've got a problem. I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. I installed a Pioneer Avic Z2 in the truck. I used the module to retain the factory chime & accessory wire rather than go directly to the ignition harness or fuse box for the ACC 12 volt turn on for the radio. Well it has been working fine for the last 6 months. I am currently 300 miles offshore out in the Gulf of Mexico on an oil rig @ work. I won't be home for 2 weeks. My wife called me this evening & said that when she got home from work & turned the truck off, she got out & closed the door & noticed that the radio came back on. She had the keys in her hand. I have seen a handful of these modules go bad in the past & usually if you unhook the module for a few minutes & hook it back up it will reset the module & go back to working normally. I actually had to do this last week before I came back to work. It seemed to reset & was again working as it should be when I left. Well I guess it's acting up again. Here is my delima: My wife is in no way electronically incline. I won't be home for another week & a half. when I get home I am going to remove the module & tap the accessory wire on the ignition harness for the 12 volt turn on & resolve the problem. But in the mean time the damn radio is still powered up until I can get home & fix it. Does anyone know which fuse in the fuse box controls the ACC wire in the radio harness. There is not a fuse marked radio in the fuse box according to my wife. I am thinking that if I can tell her which fuse controls the acc function I can just have her pull the fuse for a minute or so & put it back in to reset the module until I can get back home & fix it myself. Any input on this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: No bose / No onstar

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Any suggestions?

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I'm trying to avoid having her go under the hood with tools.

dj2q.jpg

The radio fuse is a 15 amp fuse in the under hood fuse block.
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

IF she can look in the Book, any fuse that holds power to and dash options like Headlight switch, Ac, heat, controls, Wiper, ...have her pull those out and its should disconnect power to the head unit..

Re Audio

Diamond Audio

Alpine Audio

Rocksford Fosgate

DB Link

smd5.png

The main power fuse for the radio harness is the lighter fuse under the hood. There is no accessory fuse as it is controlled via the data line. that's what the module is for.

Juan Rodriguez

Chief Technology Officer

D'Amore Engineering

T15KW Support Engineer

System.

KVT512 Kenwood Fold Out Monitor

Epic-160 Audio control Indash epicenter

(1)T1500-1BD with T2000.1 Transformer 1700 watts at 2 ohms

(2) T600-2 with T800-2 Transformers 320/ch at 4 ohms

(2) QSD216 Q series MB Quart 6.5 inch components

(3) P3D212 Rockford P3 12inch Subs

(1) Very Loud Altima Coupe!

The radio fuse is a 15 amp fuse in the under hood fuse block.

I'll have her look for this fuse

dj2q.jpg

The main power fuse for the radio harness is the lighter fuse under the hood. There is no accessory fuse as it is controlled via the data line. that's what the module is for.

So how do I disable the data line / the module in order to reset it? I'm just looking for a quick fix until I can get back home & rewire it. This problem started right after I installed a alarm/remote start. Probably just a coinsidence though. Stupid ass module!!! :girl_devil:

dj2q.jpg