Sundown Audio

Hifonics Bxi 610

slugdub

600 watts true rms is enough fro cvr's

that hifonics 600 watts isnt enough imo

i blew mine with about 800 watts, but that was when i didnt know much and had it full blast for two hours straight, probaably clipping alot with the shit signal from an alpine 9870...

the infinity 611a, and newer 1600a are really good amps, my 1600a (which i had on my cvrs for a while before selling it to a friend and then he sold it back to my cousin, and its still going great like 2 years later) was a little tank.

Yeah, I fell in love with that 611a. A guy @ Electra suggested a 1600a to me on the phone today, but I just got sick of this waiting game. My subs will be here in a few days and I won't be able to stare at them for long.

So Hifonics are really that overrated huh? Only 500-550w actual? I saw the argument on another thread about that.

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg

fuck man

I am NOT going to be happy with 200w into each speaker. Thats probably not even what my rockford punch 250a put out bridged into two channels (not recommended). That was about perfect for my taste, but I need just a nudge more to match my 6x9's

images-1.jpg

more like 400-500

That's gonna break some spirits, lol

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

We shall see. I hope I can resell it for $150 if I don't like it (brand seems popular). Its a great deal.

Certainly I'm not going to be underrunning it with that amp. Keep in mind I drive a car, not a truck. And I'm using a vented box.

That trunk is going to be moving some air around.

images-1.jpg

yea, its not that powerful, and at 1ohm it will def get hot, all the hifonics i've ever seen get egg-frying hot at 1ohm

and like james said it will maybe put out 400-500 at 1 ohm

i know the 1000 watt ones rarely do over 600...but what do you expect from a 60 amp fuse?

im such a hater of hifonics...there's more of them on the return shelf at the shop i work at than any other brand, and we dont even carry them...people just come in and buy new ones from us and leave those paperweights in our garage, or we send em to get repaired and they sell them off to their friends.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC