Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Has Anyone Used Oak?


Airborne

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've used it once or twice...

IMGP1678.jpg

here the oak is a few bucks more than birch

mdf ~30

birch ~38

Oak ~45

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted

any difference in build quality or sound?

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

Not that i could tell- i just like the grain of oak more than birch

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted

Use it for a wood panel station wagon :) lol Good looking box though

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

Thank God, I pulled a couple sheets off of a pile marked "birch" used one to build an enclosure and took the other one back today (I always get more than I need because if I screw up I am 1/2 an hour away from another sheet) I realized it was oak. The slacker assed stock boys at Lowe's were too lazy to stack the oak one shelf higher!

It sounds great and when I pretty it all up I will post a build thread.

Posted

I will say that i have not yet used 11ply birch but if it is how everybody says it is then it will be 1,000x better than the oak/birch 7ply with voids and junk middle ply

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted

Im using the 11 ply for part of my next box.. i'll let you know how it is..

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted
I've used it once or twice...

IMGP1678.jpg

here the oak is a few bucks more than birch

mdf ~30

birch ~38

Oak ~45

-Drew

Beautiful! What did you use to finish it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3139 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...