Second Skin Audio

Building A Enclosure But Need Help Tuning

I need some help tuning my enclosure that I am building. The box is going to be 18" high by 45" wide by 33" deep. All 4 subs are going to be on top and a square port is going to be placed in the back. It will look similar to meade916's box. I want to be tuned around 38hz but I need some help. The box without displacement, bracing and port is 13.08 cubes. With the subs and bracing I will be right at 11ish hopefully. Can anyone help me with some dimension for my port. Thanks

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

I build my by using 12-15 sq in per cu ft and was told 25" long for 40hz or 30" for 35hz. Maybe someone else will chime in with an exact length.

Looking at 165sq in of port

Edited by darrenk

2003 Dodge Ram QC 4.7, 3/5 Drop, 22's, Kenwood Excelon x792, 6x9,and 6.5, Rockford 25 to Life Power 1000, RE MX 15, Stinger 1/0 and Big 3 all soldered, Interstate Megatron +, 160A Factory Alternator, MLA Module

Build Pics

Well today I cut all of the pieces for my box (top bottom and all 4 sides). I still havent decided on the subs I am going to go with. For a while I was dead set on 4 15 L7's but after some thinking about it I have decided to go with 2 18' Fi BTL's I am pretty confident that I can get the same results out of 2 than I could out of all 4. However, that doesnt change my box dimensions, however it will affect my port size. I am thinking that I want to tune to 32hz with the 2 BTL's however I am in the same boat and dont exactly what port size I should go with. Is 224 sq in. of port about where I should be or not?

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

i dont remember the name but theres a guy on here is 32 sundown E8 subs, in his "quote" thing it has "Subwoofer Box Calculator", click it, it takes you to a site, and download it. aslong as you have an idea of what your box is going to be you can get Sq.Ft. and your tuning frequency, also, you could just google "subwoofer box calculator" and see what comes up...most of those use ALOT of measurements and arent very user friendly towards noobs (like me) but if you get a good one, you will know.

hope this helped. i think the first part of the guys U.N.(username) is Euro

he has a lot of posts so it wont be hard to find him, i see him all over the "showoff" build thread

EDIT: i saw him in the thread under this one. box for two e8s or whatever.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Thanks I apreciate it! I used the program and my dimensions were right on. Now i just have to get the subs. Does anyone know if shipping is included witht the BTL's

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Thanks, right after i wrote on the forum I went to the website and saw it is .26. I have been looking at the 1/4 wave and T-line tutorial on the top of the subwoofer and enclosure section of the forum and if my math is right in order for me to be within my measurements of 18x45x33 and have enough cu ft i have to have a tune of 45 hz or so. Can anyone double check me?

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Ok I keep seeing all these posts about T line boxes. These are my plans 2 18" BTL's. The space I have availbale is 45 wide 33 deep and 18 tall for a total of 13.08 cubes. Now from what I have read it looks like I need to have my frequency at 45 hz with theI would actually like to be down at 32 hz but I dont think that it wil work with the space that I have available. If that isnt right please tell me. Now with that said I believe that I need to have 480 sq in of port. I was planning on doing a port of 8x8x7.5 or 10x10x4.8 or 12x12x3.3 which would be better or is my 480 sq in of port completely wrong. I need help. Please

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer