Mixed Guage Question

So if I use a quality rockford 100% copper 8 gauge ground (only a couple of feet) with a 4 gauge CCA (about 17' feet or so) to the battery, would there be any potential problems?

Is it ok for at least a day or two of testing?

I'm only probably pulling 50-60 amps (guessing) with an 80 amp AGU on the positive terminal.

images-1.jpg

i had mine in my geo like that befor and no problems with it, i got rockford 4awg in there now, works fine

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i had mine in my geo like that befor and no problems with it, i got rockford 4awg in there now, works fine

Ok, thanks. I figured I was ok, mostly due to the short length of ground vs long + wire.

I'm still pissed I ordered tinned wire, oh well.

images-1.jpg

Ok, thanks. I figured I was ok, mostly due to the short length of ground vs long + wire.

I'm still pissed I ordered tinned wire, oh well.

Tinned wire is different than cca wire

Silver tinned copper wire is yummy stuff. That's like kicker/rockford wire. It's heavy copper wire with a shiny silver look.

Regular welding cable is usually solid copper, orange in color. Cheap, 'does the job, usually really good oil/fuel resistant insulation on it. Great for under-hood applications. Blends in well.

Copper Clad Aluminum is a WHOLE different animal. You can tell just by picking up the package, it weighs less than half as much for the same linear quantity of wire. Very cheap, less conductive than the above two, often found on ebay. :) I wouldn't use this stuff for high powered systems. I prefer not to use it at all, but on a budget it has its uses.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived