KzA Posted March 26, 2009 Report Posted March 26, 2009 Hey fellas.. Since I dont have any type of job and Im bored out of my mind... I decided I'm going to design and hopefully build a ported box for my dual RE Se series 10 inchers. Here is what I have so far. I drew up this box in SolidWorks. The width of the box, height, and rear angle are static due to the constraints in the trunk. The depth of the box can be adjusted depending on volume requirements. Here are the internal dimensions of the box shown. Everything will be in 3/4 MDF. With these dimensions, also keep in mind that the box is about 37" wide not counting the MDF on the sides, so about 35.5" of internal width. Now, I need some help designing the port. I am thinking of a sub on each side with a slot port in the middle. Using these internal dimensions, I come up with about 3.282 cubes, not counting the subwoofers or any MDF inside for the port. As per the RE website, the optimal specs for these subs would be 1.25 cubes per sub, tuned at 34 Hz. How do I figure out the port size and tuning the correct way? Is this port choice (middle slotted) the best? Remember, I can adjust the depth of the box if I need more\less volume. Ive never build a ported box before, so pardon me if I lack the basic knowledge on port tuning. Gotta learn some time right? Thanks for your help fellas.
KzA Posted March 26, 2009 Author Report Posted March 26, 2009 Thinking something like this.. Any help with the dimensions for the port?
zfrerichs Posted March 27, 2009 Report Posted March 27, 2009 if i remember right i had mine in 2.5 cube box and i tuned a bit higher around 37 hz and i had around 45 sq inchs of port and it sounded alright id tune lower and add a little to my sq inchs of port tho Roseville, CA
AI James Posted March 27, 2009 Report Posted March 27, 2009 the way your ports shaped imo isnt the best way or the way id do it
KzA Posted March 27, 2009 Author Report Posted March 27, 2009 the way your ports shaped imo isnt the best way or the way id do it what would be the best way? If I do it this way, I can run a divider down the center of the port and basically have two ported boxes. Didnt really know if thats required tho as I would rather not have the port split. I was trying to stay away from a side slot port just because I hate how not symmetrical they look
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.