Sundown Audio

Testing 123!@#

Guest GPMACHINE

Guest GPMACHINE

I have a few questions...

1. Can i test the amount of watts running into my speakers from my amplifier?

2. My amp recommends 1/0 gauge wire. Can i use multiples run of a higher gauge wire to achieve the same result as a 1/0 gauge wire?

3. I forgot but will remember right after i post this shit!

for number 2 why not just get 1/0 ga wire

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Guest GPMACHINE

Why i asked question #2 was because...

I haven't worked in over a year because i kinda think it sucks and decided to protest it for all the other people in the world that have no choice but to do it by not working for them... :D And as you might expect, I'm one broke ass mofo atm! But i do have some 4 gauge from a older set-up that's in good condition that i was trying to utilize, hence the question.

Now why i asked question #1 was because...

I just got a new Kicker KX1200.1 off of eBay. I hooked it up to my single JL 10w3v2 sub that i have in a bandpass box and it sounds weaker now then it did when i was using a Rockford Fosgate 201s. I'm just trying to figure out why and figured i should test the Kicker to see if it's up to it's rated power.

Now when i say weaker i mean less output at the same distortion level of which i try to keep at little to none. I measure distortion with my ear next to the port openings. The RF was rated at 200 watts bridged into 4 ohm and the Kicker is rated at 300 watts into 4 ohms so i figured if anything that the Kicker would be louder or at least the same, but not less.

The notable differences are...

Different manufactures, different classes of amps, and please refer back to my original post question #3 :unsure:

The RF is a class AB amp and the Kicker is a class D. I've heard and understood it to be that the class AB's put out a cleaner signal then the class D's but i was kinda hoping it was not perceivable by the human ear or at least not my ear. I do have the Kicker running off of the same 4 gauge power wire i used for the RF because i figured that it was only going to be putting out 300 or so watts so it would be fine. Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't. Perhaps you could share your thoughts with me on the subject.

On a side note, i spoke to a local shop here and they say they have a machine to test a amps power and such so i will be bring my amp by for them to run the numbers in a day or two. Just as soon as i figure out how to get the $10 to pay them! Hummm... Maybe it's time to go back to work? Only for the love of bass though!!! WILL WORK FOR BASS!!! ;)

I will put in 1/0 gauge or better (checking out 4/0 welding cable atm) but since i can't run out and buy it, I'm just trying to understand things a little better as to why I'm doing what I'm doing, ya know? Ultimately, i want to end up with 3 12-15" FI Q's and have my heart stop and start with the beat. Will 3kw get me there? I thought that this amp x2 would be what i would use but... Atm, I'm not the happiest with it. Maybe once i get all four JL 10w3v2's hooked up that i will be bumping for awhile I'll change my mind but i think i will always have it in the back of my head somewhere that i should have stuck with RF. Your thoughts?

Archived