Second Skin Audio

8cuft Tuned To 34hz **pics Added April 6**

looks good, but whats with the top baffle?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

looks good, but whats with the top baffle?

im going to assume you mean the edge of it? instead or a roundover bit i used a cove bit. so instead of it being rounded out it "rounds" in... lol i guess that makes sence. i am a bit worried about how to finish the box though. i wanted to go with somoe black suede since i can get it pretty cheap but the coved edges make me wonder how im goin to do it... we shall see. i got to sand all my edges , drill and install my studs for the wiring tonight. i didnt do much cause we had tornado watches this afternoon......70 somthing outside and there was crazy rain and hail about the size of marbles.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

looks good. did you use any wood glue or just caulk

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

looks good. did you use any wood glue or just caulk

LOL... i used plenty of wood glue. Titebond III is what i used. thats crazy, i wonder how long it would take for my box to explode with just caulk holding it together. thanks for asking though cause had i not used wood glue i may have just learned something... and to anyone that was thinking of not using woodglue.... USE WOOD GLUE.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

well before i started coming on the forums i used liquid nails...probably just as good...but yea i use titebond also

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

well before i started coming on the forums i used liquid nails...probably just as good...but yea i use titebond also

i dont see why liquid nail wouldnt work. but just like some silicone, no way. my dad got this box made of plexi, they use it for people to put money in a bike shows for BACA(bikers against child abuse)and who ever made it used clear silicone.....well saturday after a show he put it on the couch and it just fell apart... i mean it just colapsed, i would love to see what an MDF box would do .

d(-__-)b

• 4 weeks later...

well i havent updated for a while cause i havent had a chance to work on the box. i sent it to get sprayed with Line X the other day and got it back yeaterday. it looks amazing. so today i took the box over to my pops house to get some work done. i made a short lil vid for you guys and took a couple pics. mostly today i tore out the existing so i can plan for the new set up. so heres what i got.

my lil vid

img1242182613913.jpg

img1242182614574.jpg

img1242182615118.jpg

well after i got the box all wired up and the subs bolted in the box i started to plan where i will but the batteries since they are the first part of the chain in the rear of the truck. so after looking and trying different spots i came up with this spot. its in the rear on the left side there is a little compartment with a lid that lifts up, its the perfect spot to mount my two HC800's. i will have to cut it out and build a rack but i think it will be a great spot. i didnt get to work on it cause it got late but heres some shots of where i am talking about.

img1242182617186.jpg

img1242182615600.jpg

its a little blurry but that whats behind the panel, hopefully i can work around the metal that proturdes inward where the gas filler is at. i removed the factory subwoofer from that spot so there is plenty of room back there, i hope.

img1242182616164.jpg

well thats it for now, i will be working on it everyday after work so i should have more for you tomorrow. and if this needs to be moved please do since its kinda getting away from the box build. maybe it can get moved to member builds.

d(-__-)b

i almost cried when i saw the pic of the chrysler in it. from what i can see that car is beautiful :( :( the build looks good tho :)

yeah its terrible. that was my first car and the rear went out in it and i never spent the money to get it fixed. as soon as i finish this build i am going to work on the chrysler. i am going to pull the 440 out and rebuild it. i have the whole Edlebrock Performer RPM kit for it and i have a guy thats gonna rebuild the rear for $800. i might buy a StreetFighter tranny for it too, havent decided yet though. hopefully i will get to start on it before the year is out.

d(-__-)b