Sundown Audio

Connecting Multiple Amps

Chrisn077

If he uses a Y wont it increase noise?

Why would it?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

If the head unit has 4V preout when spliting the RCA for two amp what will be the voltage received by each amp? 4v or 2v ?

it really depends on the headunit. Theres some companies that offer 4 or 5 volt pre outs, but if you test them they are not what said to be. but the length in the rca cords play a role in your pre out voltage your amps receive too, resistance is a bitch. :(

I can say my kenwood screen was 4 volt pre outs, but in the trunk after 15 feet of rca cords all I could get out of it was 2.8 volts.

Only way to be able to tell, is to hook a dmm up to your rca's and turn it up til you reach the "claimed" output voltage ( you will also want to take note of what volume your at on the headunit too becauce chances are anything after that maybe clipping).

But seeing its a cheaper kenwood headunit with 1 set of rca outputs, im also going to take a guess on a low voltage signal. So I wouldnt reccomend using y cables/slitters.

Your best bet would to be use the preouts on the headunit for the subs, and select the subwoofer setting for the rca outputs. Then use the "high level input" on the boss se-950 2 channel amp if your bro has the plug for it (then you wont need a high level output converter). but if he dont have the plug then you will need to pick one up at a shop or wherever.

if you have the high level input plug that comes with the amp, you hook it up to the closest speakers to the amp (proboly the rear speakers). you hook up the the left speakers pos and neg, and the right speakers pos and neg, and then you just have to ground out the other wire.

So then the amp will gets it signal from the headunits amp.