Update PG.4 Rockford Punch Pro Mids & Tweets

hell yeah i had the same 5.25s and the 6x9s with the zr460(dif sub setup) i loved em. they still soundin pretty good i bet huh. nice build too, just one ? though, how do ya get to the spare tire? just wonderin. when i used my spare tire well to home my subs i dropped the tire at home and rolled with a can of fix a flat :ph34r: just wonderin

no spare that well was used to house the kinetik 1800. 4 long trips i just bring the spare with me in the back seat.

That is some good shit, 4 15's in a trunk for your first install. :clapping: And I thought I was the only one to build 4 15's in a trunk for their first install, the kicker was that my buddy wanted them ported. :shok: It was a bitch but we got it done.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

That is some good shit, 4 15's in a trunk for your first install. :clapping: And I thought I was the only one to build 4 15's in a trunk for their first install, the kicker was that my buddy wanted them ported. :shok: It was a bitch but we got it done.

Drew

it was my 1st install in my maxima. my 1st car was back in 1997 in high school a 93 toyota tercel 2-12's pioneer IMPP's and a 300watt Orion amp. lol i use 2 think that was loud. since then i've owned a 93 chevy caprice had 2-12's kicker comps. 90 ford taurus 4-6x9's just mids n highs, 95 chevy blazer 2-15's Kicker Solo Baric L7 (1st Generations Square) and the 4-15's JL's that i have in the maxima now

• 6 months later...

well i been working on this Rebuild since Nov. 2008. its going very slow cuz i only get about 4 hours a week to work on it. :lazy:

1st thing i did was finishing up the sound deadning that i started when i 1st got the car in 2006 used DynaMat back then

now Fatmat - rattle trap XXX

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

next i moved the kinetik hc1800 from the trunk to under the hood. i came to find out that my old yellow top optima only had a charge of 11 volts. so i was riding around with a pretty dead battery for some time. the optima was good last bout 6 to 7 years for me.

had some left over 4gauge so doubled up and did a big 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Upgraded the RCA cables to Tsunami and added a Stinger volt meter

Posted Image

Posted Image

then i got mad one day cuz i started to have problems again with my JL 1000/1's. i already had 2 get 1 of them serviced and the 2nd amp was doing the same shit the 1 i just got fixed. so that was it, i'm done wit china made JL amps put them up 4 sale on craigslist and sold them. now need 2 shop for a new amp 1 made in the USA. and i just want 1, 1 big 1. power the whole system tired of dealing with 2 and all those wires. so i settled for this.........

bought it back in march 2009 right before SBN (Spring Break Nationals) Daytona Beach, FL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd

• 1 month later...

the JL's together with their new family member

Picture006.jpg

the build of box 1 of 2. both boxes will be to JL spec's 3.5 cubic each speaker round ports tuned to 28hz

IM001342.jpg

IM001343.jpg

see how its fitting

IM001344.jpg

IM001346.jpg

IM001347.jpg

IM001345.jpg

trying out a new tool roto-zip it cuts the circles nice :good:

IM001353.jpg

a look inside ports and internal bracing, before i put the top board in place

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

are you worried about port noise?

like the kind that sounds like your blowing across the top of a straw?

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

• 3 weeks later...

Archived