Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

• 1 month later...

Hey Colin, any updates on rebuildling these old vegas?

Sorry I didn't reply until now- I hardly ever check my own build log anymore (and since it is almost "finished" anyway...)

But since you asked:

1981763_10200811936339017_2114047686_n.j

1966698_10200811936499021_144250816_n.jp

Yep. An original OEM recone kit for 12" 4 ohm model Vega. A guy in Puerto Rico has them. I got this one for $50 shipped (shipping was $22 of it). I'm not sure if I should see if he has a dozen more OR if I should just measure everything on this one and give the other ones new spiders and surrounds and call them good.

My 12 in the van are fine other than the spiders being old... This recone is for my "spare" basket that needed a new coil. I dunno. If he had enough recone kits for me to do all 12, it would probably be worth it....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Been lurking in here for a while. I love this build!

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

^^ Same here. I was rocking the 154's for a while. Learned how to re-glue the spiders for them from this build log. :D

04 Blazer Xtreme

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP235

Front Stage: Lanzar MX6C Components

Rear Stage: Lanzar MX693 6X9's

Sub Stage: (2) Obsidian 18 D2 V2

Mids / Highs Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 704

Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 1000m

Optima Yellow Top (up front)

Singer 275A Alternator

Future Plans:

One More GTA 1000m (maybe)

More batteries

More runs of 1/0

Pioneer DEH-X7500S (on order)

Thanks guys. Spring is coming.... hopefully more action and shows. IF everything goes my way... a new coat of paint to boot! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 4 weeks later...

Great Show at Hi Fi Cruisin' in Meridian, MS on Saturday, August 3rd. They put on a really chill show with a good turn out. The little RF demo van was fun too. That was an assault on the senses for sure. Met some really good folks and got some good demos. It is always fun to get the flavor of what everyone else is doing and to see all sorts of installs. A good number of youngsters with pretty nice systems- built not bought. It is always fun to see the next generation of bass heads. The van was fun to show to everyone. Lots of old timers recognized lots of the equipment and lots of people a bit taken back by the look of the wall. :D I gave more demos than I can remember- it was a party. Also got to meet some pretty heavy hitters in person that I've only seen in the forums and on YouTube. Hung with Mr. "SUPADAVE" Wilson too. Man is a class act and an absolute riot.

I pulled out a first place in SB4 (only 2 people in my class- but hey, who cares). I was second loudest at the show of 40 competitors, but more importantly- this happened:

1011594_4628988381005_1007158919_n.jpg

WOOO! First time in the 150s! It started out at 151 and by the end of the 30 second Street Beat run the old girl pulled out a 150.3

This is one happy country boy. 150.3 in Street Beat with subs that are older than some of the people at the show in a C-Pillar wall??? I will take it.

My main main southern66ss made a very fine showing too, but I will let him post up about that if he wants to. :D

SUPADAVE is a class act and a great competitor:

27155_4629071023071_1269510554_n.jpg

Woot:

Your build really surprised me seeing how the subs you have are 13 years old and still hitting those great numbers. I just wanted to tell you Chive ON!!

Archived